AC coil cleaners are vital tools in maintaining the effectiveness of air conditioning systems, which are crucial for ensuring a cool and comfortable environment in our residences and workplaces amid high temperature conditions. Over the years, factors like filth, dust, and different kinds of litter can obstruct the AC coils, and this can in turn result in diminished productivity, an increase in energy expenses, and even a breakdown in the system.
AC coil cleaners are specially formulated solutions designed to clean and remove dirt, dust, and debris from the air conditioning coils. These cleaners come in different types, including foam, spray, and liquid. The best AC coil cleaner for you will depend on your specific needs and the type of AC unit you have.
When choosing an AC coil cleaner, it’s essential to consider factors such as the type of coil, the size of the unit, and the level of dirt and debris buildup. You should also consider the toxicity of the cleaner, especially if you have pets or young children in your home. Some cleaners contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful if ingested or inhaled.
We spent hours researching and testing various AC coil cleaners to identify the ones that are safe, effective, and easy to use. In this article, we’ll share our top picks for the best AC coil cleaners on the market. Whether you’re a homeowner or a professional HVAC technician, our recommendations will help you choose the right cleaner for your needs and keep your AC system running smoothly.
Best AC Coil Cleaners
We all know that air conditioning is essential for our comfort, especially during the hot summer months. However, with regular use, the coils of your AC unit can get dirty and clogged with dust and debris, reducing its efficiency and increasing your energy bills. That’s why it’s important to regularly clean your AC coils, and for that, you need the right AC coil cleaner.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the best AC coil cleaners available on Amazon. Our team has extensively researched and tested each product to ensure that we only recommend the top-performing ones. So, whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional HVAC technician, you can trust our recommendations to get the job done quickly and effectively. Without further ado, let’s dive into our top picks for the best AC coil cleaners.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use and effective AC coil cleaner, Frost King ACF19 Foam Coil Cleaner is definitely worth considering.
- The heavy-duty foam dissolves dirt, grease, and oil, and loosens dirt effectively.
- It can be used to clean coils, fan blades, and reusable air filters, making it a versatile cleaning solution.
- The pleasant lemon fragrance leaves behind a fresh and deodorized smell, and it’s a no-rinse formula.
- The scrubbing cap may not be effective in removing large, embedded pieces of debris.
- The foam may not completely rinse off on non-condensation producing coils.
- For extremely stubborn or heavy deposits, you may need to repeat the application.
We recently used Frost King ACF19 Foam Coil Cleaner to clean the coils of our central HVAC unit, and we were quite impressed with the results. The foam was easy to apply, and it quickly dissolved the dirt and grime that had accumulated on the coils. We appreciated the fact that it was a no-rinse formula, which made the cleaning process much easier and faster.
One of the things we liked about this product was its versatility. We were able to use it not only on our HVAC unit but also on our window air conditioners and metal filters. The lemon fragrance was also a nice touch, as it left behind a pleasant smell that lasted for several days.
Overall, we would definitely recommend Frost King ACF19 Foam Coil Cleaner to anyone looking for an effective and easy-to-use AC coil cleaner. It’s affordable, versatile, and gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
ComStar Coil Safe, External Neutral pH, Non-Toxic, Self-Rinsing Evaporator Coil Cleaner Compatible With Commercial & Residential AC & Refrigeration System Coils, Made In USA, 1 Gallon (90-298), Green
If you’re looking for a reliable and effective coil cleaner that is environmentally safe, ComStar Coil Safe is definitely worth considering.
- Coil Safe is a self-rinsing and eco-friendly cleaner that is gentle on the environment.
- It cleans and brightens all metal parts and is safe to use on aluminum and copper.
- Coil Safe contains inhibitors to prevent metal fatigue and is non-acidic, non-alkaline, and neutral pH.
- Coil Safe may require multiple applications for heavily soiled coils.
- The product may have a strong chemical smell, so it’s important to use it in a well-ventilated area.
- The pricing may be slightly higher compared to other coil cleaners in the market.
We’ve used ComStar Coil Safe on various commercial and residential AC and refrigeration system coils, and we were impressed with the results. The non-toxic formula is easy to use and requires no rinsing with water, making it a convenient option for indoor use.
One of the standout features of Coil Safe is its ability to restore heat transferring qualities to 100% efficiency by removing lint, dust, dirt, and grease build-up on the aluminum fins. We found that it effectively cleans all metal parts, leaving them looking bright and shiny.
Another thing we appreciate about Coil Safe is that it contains inhibitors to prevent metal fatigue, which can prolong the life of your coils. The product is also non-acidic, non-alkaline, and neutral pH, making it safe to use on aluminum and copper without causing any damage.
While Coil Safe may require multiple applications for heavily soiled coils, we found that it worked well and was effective in removing dirt and grime. However, the product may have a strong chemical smell, so it’s important to use it in a well-ventilated area.
Overall, we highly recommend ComStar Coil Safe for anyone looking for a reliable and eco-friendly coil cleaner that is safe to use on all metal parts.
Check it out on Amazon to see if it’s the right fit for your needs.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty coil cleaner that is environmentally friendly, the Arm & Hammer Biodegradable Aerosol Air Conditioner Spray is a great option. We highly recommend this product for its efficient cleaning, fresh scent, and self-rinsing design.
- Efficiently cleans your HVAC coils for smoother operation and long-lasting use
- Removes contaminants from AC coils for a fresh smell and improved indoor air quality environment
- Meets and exceeds the industry’s standard for “green” product for an environmentally-friendly coil cleaning solution
- May require multiple cans for larger AC units
- Can be messy if not applied carefully
- May not work as well on heavily soiled coils
We found that this coil cleaner spray is easy to use and does not require any rinsing, making it a hassle-free cleaning solution. It works great on both indoor and outdoor coils and leaves a fresh scent behind. However, for heavily soiled coils, you may need to use multiple cans or consider a more heavy-duty cleaner.
Overall, we highly recommend the Arm & Hammer Biodegradable Aerosol Air Conditioner Spray for anyone looking for a high-quality, environmentally-friendly coil cleaner.
If you’re looking for a powerful AC coil cleaner that can clean both evaporators and condensers with ease, then the Leak Saver HVAC GUYS Foam Blaster Air Conditioner Cleaner 3-Pack is a great option. We highly recommend this product for its effective cleaning action and pleasant citrus scent.
- The high-pressure spray and expanding foam action penetrate deep into the coil, effectively cleaning dirty AC coils and restoring their efficiency.
- Suitable for use on all HVAC units, refrigeration systems, automotive radiators, fan blades, metal filters, and more.
- No rinsing required for evaporators, and only light rinsing with water required for condensers.
- May require more than one can for larger units.
- The foam can be messy if not applied carefully.
- The product may not be suitable for use on sensitive materials such as aluminum.
We were impressed with how well the Leak Saver HVAC GUYS Foam Blaster Air Conditioner Cleaner 3-Pack worked to clean our AC coils. The high-pressure spray and expanding foam action effectively penetrated deep into the coil, leaving it looking clean and shiny. We also appreciated the pleasant citrus scent, which left our AC unit smelling fresh and clean.
One thing to keep in mind is that the foam can be messy if not applied carefully, so be sure to follow the instructions carefully. Additionally, the product may require more than one can for larger units, so keep that in mind when making your purchase.
Overall, we highly recommend the Leak Saver HVAC GUYS Foam Blaster Air Conditioner Cleaner 3-Pack for anyone looking for an effective and easy-to-use AC coil cleaner. With its powerful cleaning action and pleasant scent, it’s sure to leave your AC unit looking and smelling great.
If you’re looking for a non-toxic, non-rinsing evaporator coil cleaner that uses enzymes to destroy odor-causing bacteria, then you should consider the Refrigeration Technologies Viper Evap+ Coil Cleaner & Deodorizer.
- The non-rinsing formula makes it easy to use without the need for rinsing.
- Enzymes in the high-performing detergent base destroy odor-causing bacteria and leave the air smelling fresh.
- The solution remains active for 72 hours with condensate production for continuous cleaning and complete odor elimination.
- The chemical smell can be a bit strong immediately after cleaning.
- The product is a bit expensive compared to other coil cleaners.
- The instructions need to be corrected to avoid damage to the air handler motor electronics.
We recently used the Refrigeration Technologies Viper Evap+ Coil Cleaner & Deodorizer to clean an evaporator coil, and we were impressed with its performance. The non-rinsing formula made it easy to use, and we didn’t need to rinse the coil after cleaning. The enzymes in the detergent base destroyed the odor-causing bacteria, and the air smelled fresh and clean.
The solution remained active for 72 hours, which meant that it continued to clean and eliminate odors even after we had finished using it. However, we did notice that the chemical smell was a bit strong immediately after cleaning, so we had to wait a bit before using the air conditioner again.
Overall, we would recommend the Refrigeration Technologies Viper Evap+ Coil Cleaner & Deodorizer to anyone looking for a non-toxic, non-rinsing evaporator coil cleaner that can eliminate odors and leave the air smelling fresh.
If you want a professional-strength coil cleaner that can easily remove tough grease and grime, Simple Green Foaming Coil Cleaner is a great choice. We recommend this product for its effectiveness and ease of use.
- The professional-strength formula quickly penetrates to remove dirt, grease, and grime that can cause clogs and impede heat transfer.
- The non-corrosive and non-flammable foam clings to even the most hard-to-reach areas when sprayed under pressure.
- It’s self-rinsing on condensate-producing coils, making application quick and simple.
- The formula contains no added colors or harsh perfumes, which may not be ideal for those who prefer a scented cleaner.
- The aerosol can may not be environmentally friendly for some users.
- It may require more than one can to clean larger units.
We found Simple Green Foaming Coil Cleaner to be very effective in removing dirt and grime from our AC unit. The foam clings well and penetrates deep into the coils, making cleaning easy and efficient. We also appreciate that it’s self-rinsing, which saves time and effort.
One thing to note is that the formula contains no added colors or harsh perfumes, so it may not leave a pleasant scent after cleaning. Additionally, the aerosol can may not be the most environmentally friendly option for some users.
Overall, we recommend Simple Green Foaming Coil Cleaner for its professional-strength formula and ease of use. It’s a great option for those who want to clean their AC units quickly and efficiently.
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable AC coil cleaner that is easy to use, the Essential Values Coil Cleaner is definitely worth considering.
- The non-acidic formula is safe to use on all makes and models of air conditioning units.
- The heavy-duty formula is fast-acting and effective at removing stubborn buildup.
- The non-foaming formula is easy to apply and can be used with a garden sprayer, trigger sprayer, or comparable power sprayer.
- The product is designed for outside use only.
- Some users may find the scent of the cleaner to be too strong.
- The gallon size may be more than some users need.
We recently used the Essential Values Coil Cleaner to clean the coils on our residential air conditioning unit, and we were impressed with the results. The formula penetrated and lifted off oil, grime, and other corrosive deposits that had built up over time, leaving the coils looking clean and shiny.
One of the things we liked about this product is that it is easy to apply. We used a garden sprayer to apply the cleaner, and within minutes, we could see the dirt and grime lifting off the coils. We then rinsed the coils with a hose, and they looked brand new.
Another thing we appreciated about this product is that it is non-acidic, so it is safe to use on all makes and models of air conditioning units. We didn’t have to worry about damaging our unit with harsh chemicals.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Essential Values Coil Cleaner to anyone looking for an effective and affordable AC coil cleaner that is easy to use. It’s a great product that delivers fantastic results in just minutes.
Quality Chemical Nu-Coil Professional Grade Concentrated/Air Conditioner Alkaline Condenser Coil Cleaner for AC Unit/AC Coil Cleaner 1 Gallon (128 oz)
If you want to keep your air conditioning system running efficiently, you need to clean the coils regularly. We recently tried the Quality Chemical Nu-Coil Professional Grade Concentrated/Air Conditioner Alkaline Condenser Coil Cleaner for AC Unit/AC Coil Cleaner 1 Gallon (128 oz), and we were impressed with its performance.
- The foaming coil cleaner quickly and easily cleans air conditioner coils. Simply spray on the foam, wait 10 minutes, and then rinse off with water for a sparkling clean finish.
- Our foaming coil cleaner is designed to remove dirt, dust, grease, oil and other debris from your AC unit’s condenser coils. It helps keep your system running efficiently and saves you money in the long run.
- Our ac coil cleaner is non-corrosive and safe to use on all types of metals including aluminum, copper and steel. It won’t damage or corrode delicate parts of your AC unit like some other cleaners can.
- The product may not work well on heavily clogged coils. You may need to use multiple applications to get the desired results.
- The product may cause skin irritation. It is important to wear gloves and protective clothing when using this product.
- The product may have a strong odor, so it is important to use it in a well-ventilated area.
We found the Quality Chemical Nu-Coil Professional Grade Concentrated/Air Conditioner Alkaline Condenser Coil Cleaner for AC Unit/AC Coil Cleaner 1 Gallon (128 oz) to be easy to use. The convenient spray bottle makes it easy to apply this ac condenser cleaner foam directly onto the coils without any mess or hassle. You don’t need any special tools or expertise to use this product; just spray it on and rinse it off!
Overall, we think this is a great product for anyone looking to clean their air conditioning coils. It is effective, easy to use, and safe for delicate parts of your AC unit. Plus, it is made in the USA using only high quality ingredients that are safe for both people and pets alike.
When it comes to choosing the best AC coil cleaner, there are several factors to consider. In this buying guide, we will discuss the key features you should look for when selecting a product.
The first thing to consider when choosing an AC coil cleaner is the compatibility with your specific unit. Not all cleaners are created equal, and some may not be suitable for use on certain types of coils. Make sure to check the label or manufacturer’s specifications to ensure that the product you choose is compatible with your unit.
The primary reason for using an AC coil cleaner is to remove dirt, grime, and other contaminants that can hinder the performance of your unit. Look for a cleaner that is effective at removing these substances without damaging the coils or other components of your AC system.
Ease of Use
Another important factor to consider is the ease of use of the cleaner. Some products may require additional tools or equipment to apply, while others can be sprayed directly onto the coils. Choose a cleaner that is easy to apply and does not require a lot of additional effort or equipment.
It is essential to choose a product that is safe for both you and your AC system. Look for cleaners that are non-toxic and do not contain harsh chemicals that could damage your coils or other components. Also, make sure to follow all safety instructions provided by the manufacturer when using the cleaner.
Finally, consider the price of the product. While it may be tempting to choose the cheapest option available, it is important to remember that quality comes at a cost. Look for a product that offers a good balance between price and effectiveness to ensure that you get the best value for your money.
In summary, when choosing the best AC coil cleaner, consider the coil compatibility, effectiveness, ease of use, safety, and price. By taking these factors into account, you can select a product that will effectively clean your AC coils and help keep your system running smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most effective ingredients to look for in an AC coil cleaner?
When looking for an AC coil cleaner, there are a few key ingredients to consider. Look for cleaners that contain alkaline detergents, surfactants, and foaming agents. These ingredients work together to break down and remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants from the coils. Additionally, some cleaners may contain acids that can help to dissolve mineral deposits and other stubborn buildup.
How often should AC coils be cleaned for optimal performance?
The frequency of AC coil cleaning depends on several factors, including the environment in which the unit operates and the amount of use it receives. As a general rule, we recommend cleaning AC coils at least once a year. However, if the unit is located in a particularly dusty or dirty environment, or if it is used frequently, more frequent cleaning may be necessary. Be sure to consult the manufacturer’s recommendations for your specific unit.
Can household items be safely used for cleaning AC coils, and if so, which ones?
While it is possible to clean AC coils using household items, we recommend using a commercial AC coil cleaner for optimal results. Household items such as vinegar and baking soda may be effective for removing light buildup, but they are not as powerful as commercial cleaners. Additionally, using the wrong cleaning solution or technique can cause damage to the coils or other components of the unit.
What are the safety precautions to take when using commercial AC coil cleaners?
When using commercial AC coil cleaners, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Wear protective clothing, gloves, and eyewear to avoid contact with the cleaner. Keep the area well-ventilated, and avoid inhaling the fumes. If you have any concerns about using a commercial cleaner, consider hiring a professional HVAC service to clean your AC coils.
How do professional HVAC services clean AC coils compared to DIY methods?
Professional HVAC services typically use specialized equipment and techniques to clean AC coils. This can include using a high-pressure sprayer to remove dirt and debris, or using a chemical solution to dissolve buildup. While DIY methods can be effective for light buildup, professional cleaning is recommended for more serious cases of buildup or contamination.
What are the signs that indicate a need for cleaning the AC coils?
There are several signs that may indicate a need for cleaning the AC coils. These include reduced cooling performance, increased energy consumption, and strange odors or noises coming from the unit. If you notice any of these signs, it is important to have your AC coils inspected and cleaned as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the unit.