There are those among us who’ve found this summer to be unbearably long and scorching. Many of us yearn to remain indoors, basking in the cooling comfort of an air conditioner, yet there are individuals who must venture outside for work or fun. But, don’t fret! There’s a convenient solution for satisfying your coffee cravings without stepping foot outside your home – it’s called cold brew coffee!
The process takes about 12 hours and produces a smooth cup of joe that doesn’t require any milk or sugar because it’s sweet enough on its own. A cold brew coffee maker can be used in many ways like making iced lattes, mixing into cocktails like mojitos, or just having straight up over ice cubes!
With so many options out there, we’re here to help! We’ll review some of the top models and let you know what makes them stand out from the pack. Whether you just want a machine that will last or one that offers versatility, we’ve got something for everyone in this guide! Check it out and see which one is right for you!
What is a Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
A cold brew coffee maker is a pot that uses cold water to brew your favorite ground beans into a concentrated brew. After the coffee has fully steeped, the brewer may be removed and ready for you to enjoy right away. However, most brewers will require an additional filtering step before serving; we think this process takes too long and may result in some of the colder-brew flavor being lost, so we recommend getting yourself an affordable reusable stainless steel filter like this: Kaffeologie S Filter. You’ll have great tasting concentrate that is ready when you are!
List of 11 Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers Reviews
1. County Line Kitchen – Cold Brew Mason Jar iced Coffee Maker
- Do you want to wake up with a fresh pot of cold brew on demand? It’s surprisingly easy! With the Country Line Kitchen Mason Jar Iced Coffee Maker, all you have to do is add your favorite coffee, steep for 12-24 hours, and enjoy your favorite iced coffee or even hot tea.
- Cleanup couldn’t be easier – just recycle the jar (or wash), sweep down the mesh filter and replace it back in its designated hanger wire slot.
- Country line Kitchen brings you the best of all worlds. It combines everything we love about mason jar coffee brewers while pairing it with the ease and convenience (and adorable packaging!) of iced coffees such as Starbucks Via or Trader Joe’s Cold Brew.
- Forget coffee makers that make 8cups, ours makes less than 2! But don’t worry, this skips all the bitterness and acidity because our cold brew has been steeped for hours on end-just like sun tea! Now you can enjoy home brewed goodness without leaving your kitchen countertop.
2. BTaT- Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The BTaT cold brew coffee maker has a gallon capacity perfect for the incredible cold brew your taste buds have been craving. An airtight lid means no vacuum is created when brewing, which ensures freshness with up to 14 days of storage after making your blend thanks to low airflow.
- You can store iced tea or iced coffee in this jar too! The optimal temperature range is between 40 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Get ready to have it all in one convenient gear – complete with mesh filter pads included so you can brew consistently great quality iced drinks at home anytime.
- The Cold Brew Coffee Maker from BTaT is designed to be easy to use so you have time for anything else. With its stainless steel filter and mason jar base, this coffee maker is built strong and reliable so it won’t break as easily as other coffee makers. It also includes a one-year warranty on the stand and double insulation with an overlapped lid seal – giving your cold brew that extra layer of protection against spilling!
- This product allows you to make cold brew quickly and efficiently without having to worry about spills or cumbersome cleanup. Drinking cold brew has never been easier with features like dishwasher-safe components and a removable, compostable filter bag which makes clean up even simpler than ever before!
3. Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is here to ensure you never have to put up with the watered-down taste of traditional coffee again. The patented design features an airtight, splashproof Tritan pitcher made from shatterproof plastic that can resist high temperatures. 4 servings are enough for household gatherings and office meetings with friends.
- Put in your favorite coffee grounds into this cold brew maker where it will be filtered out by a fine-mesh filter unlike other brewers on the market today. Cold brew is less acidic so you’ll get all the flavor without having tooth erosion or any health risks associated with caffeine intake!
- Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a patented coffee maker that features a sleek design and convenient benefits. It is made of durable materials for easy, no-waste packing on the go. The cups are microwaveable with lids for hot beverages, plus they’re BPA-free hydration solutions with insulated bottles in 18, 24, 32, or 64 oz sizes to stay refreshed during your active lifestyle.
- We’ve spent over 55 years designing innovative hydration solutions from stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers as well as a variety of product accessories to help you cool down in style!
4. Primula Burke Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
- Make something of yourself and make your mornings a little bit better with the new-age Primula Burke Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee maker. For less than you spend at Starbucks each day get this easy, affordable way to perfect cold brew coffee right in your own home.
- Standard brewing infused with a filter paper is combined with vacuum infusion for ideal tea or beer-making temperatures that lower the chance of over-extraction while still extracting essential oils and flavors from the ground beans.
- It’s a recipe for success in everyone’s book! Laugh in the face of morning afternoon delirium, skip off to work feeling fresh as a daisy because there’s never been an easier way to have perfection on demand!
- No more sandy morning coffee; with the Primula Burke Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker, you can brew delicious iced cold-brewed coffee in your own kitchen. Dishwasher safe and made out of durable glass for easy pouring, adding ice, creamer, or syrups. With this sleek design, it fits most fridge door shelves so you’ll never have to worry about overflow spills again!
5. Vinci Express Cold Brew Electric Coffee Maker
- The Vinci Express Cold Brew Coffee Maker makes it easier than ever to enjoy homemade cold brew for those with busy, unpredictable schedules. All you have to do is choose your desired coffee strength and wait just a few minutes before enjoying a cup of light, medium, bold or extra bold cold brew!
- The Circle Flow technology ensures that this instant brewer produces high-quality cold brew without any sediments leaving you with nothing but smooth, delicious flavor. The Vinci Express Cold Brew coffee maker is the sure-fire way to make your day better,…without waiting as long as ever before!
- No need to relinquish a maker that can brew, store and serve. The Vinci Express Cold Brew Electric Coffee Maker is perfect for your next office barbecue or a small gathering of family and friends at home. Made from FDA food-grade BPA/BPS-free plastic with no metal parts, this portable coffee maker was designed specifically to refrigerate without any extra cardboard packaging needed.
- With two lids – one to pre-brew and another for storage – you’ll enjoy up to 10-days of cold-brewed goodness without sacrificing freshness! But don’t just have it on hand as a backup plan when things go wrong… Ice cream runs out too quickly at a party? Let everyone take their own cup.
6. Presto 02937 Dorothy™ Electric Rapid Cold Brewer
- You have a million things to do today and your coffee always takes way too long to brew. Enter the Presto Dorothy Electric Rapid Cold Brewer, which is actually able to cut that time down from hours to minutes! Just place grounds in a pitcher, add water, plug it in, and wait 20-25 minutes for delicious cold brew coffee without bitterness or compromise.
- The included recipe book with 30 different recipes will offer special assistance with an even more personalized touch, so they can taste all of my favorite coffees you love at home-from quirky hazelnut mocha hot cocoa blended iced coffee to citrus cannoli espresso iced latte.
- The Presto Dorothy Electric cold brewer is a full-function beverages brew system that provides cold brewing for specialty coffee houses, cafes, and restaurants. It has a whirlpool speed control dial which allows you to adjust the desired water rate through your grounds.
- You can make up to 22 ounces of fresh, delicious iced coffee every time without any fuss from following tedious recipes or doing stirring tasks by hand. All you have to do is add your ground coffee beans in the carafe and watch as the product automatically performs all functions with ease!
7. Bodum K11683-01WM Bean Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- This machine is perfect if you like to prep your iced coffee in advance. With a built-in locking lid, the Bodum Bean Coffee Maker will keep your cold brew fresh and tasty for when you’re ready to enjoy it. The oversize glass containers allow for easy filling and pouring while keeping counters clean and free of drips.
- Plus, this bean bag press can make double batches in 24 hours with its extra-large capacity. Drink iced or hot, either way, the effortless brewing process guarantees an aromatic cup of coffee.
- Start your day off on the right foot with a flavorful, refreshing cup of coffee. The Bodum K11683-01WM Bean Cold Brew Coffee Maker lets you make strong, smooth, and delicious beans at home. It features an extra-large water reservoir for easy filling and also includes a 1-liter reusable stainless steel decanter and grounds holder to store excess beans after grinding. This model is simple at its finest!
- Priced at just over it’s perfect for anyone that loves their coffee fresh or has limited time in the morning before work! Plus, all components are dishwasher safe for fast cleanup after making coffee. Give this brewer as a gift to your favorite java junky today!
8. Asobu Coldbrew Portable Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Asobu Coldbrew Insulated Portable Brewer is the first of its kind in the cold brew market. Forget about diluted, bitter, and acidic iced coffee – with this brewer you’ll get that amazing freshly brewed coffee every morning! The Asobu works best with 8-12 ounces of water at your desired temperature. Fill up the water reservoir at the top before inserting it into your brewer to get ready for brewing.
- Once you’ve inserted your filter basket with soaked grounds inside, make sure everything fits perfectly by placing the lid on top of it all. Keep an eye on your thermometer while brewing because brewing will happen faster if it’s hotter outside or vice versa – I enjoy drinking my cold brew ice that isn’t too dilute or too bitter.
- Check out the Asobu Coldbrew Portable Cold Brew Coffee Maker! Use your standard medium course coffee grind and with our fine mesh, you don’t need to worry about having granules in your cup. Simply fill the mesh with 1.3 ounces of coffee pour cold filtered water in a circular motion three times and leave it to steep for 12 or more hours.
- The airtight and leakproof lid keeps your brew contained while our double-walled copper insulated construction ensures fresh ice cold coffee for hours so once brewed, it gets released into the on-the-go mug, leaving your brew tasting great until you’re ready to drink!
9. Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
- The Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker lets you easily and humanely extract the best-tasting cold brew iced coffee. It suits any mason jar, can be stored for weeks without flavor change and is 70% less acidic than hot brewed coffee. The seal of this product is airtight to cut down on bacteria growth and fits right next to your fridge once it’s empty – go ahead and make more!
- Stay cool with a cold brew this summer! The Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker will keep your beverage piping hot over 24 hours. Forget about under-tasting coffee as you get at convenience stores. Our 18/8 rust-free superfine laser-cut filters allow for thick, lab-tested borosilicate glass to seep through the delicious concoction of coffee beans and clean water for an irresistible drink.
- Dishwasher safe and BPA-free silicon airtight seal ensure this product lasts a lifetime while adding extra protection on the non-slip rubber cushion base that can withstand bumps against countertops or tumbling onto the floor.
10. OXO Brew Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The OXO Brew Compact Coffee Maker is perfect for those who are busy on the go. It brews cold coffee with ease. The lid keeps your drink covered during brewing and the handle makes pouring easy even when you don’t have a free hand to spare.
- You’ll want professional assistance for this one, or else counting out 16 full glasses of water will take some time! Leave it to the pros so you can get back to doing what’s important: enjoying your coffee.
- The ultimate in cold brew coffee brewing. Don’t waste valuable counter space by using bulky machines, this design has a small footprint that can be set anywhere on your workstation or kitchen table. Comes with stainless steel filters to make sure your coffee is flavorful and not over-extracted due to reusing paper filters.
- Built for portability, it fits 13 cups of brewed concentrate into just 5 pounds, so it’s perfect for days out camping or picnicking. Bust out the french press at the picnic grounds without hesitation because this compact brewer includes all you need to efficiently extract your desired beverage easily and quickly.
11. Cafe Du Chateau Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The Cafe Du Chateau Cold Brew Coffee Maker is the perfect way to enjoy cold-brew coffee at home. Made from silicone, these airtight seals give you peace of mind that your iced coffee isn’t going anywhere it doesn’t belong.
- This equipment also surpasses safety standards ensuring that your cold brew kit will be flawless and safe for use. From the leading spirits producer in France, this reusable carafe has an 18/8 stainless steel seal, convenient stopper plug & aluminum filter rod w/stopper for permanence!
- Take your cold brew or iced coffee to the next level! This cold brew coffee maker includes everything you need for at-home brewing. The durable pitcher holds enough water and grounds, while the patent-pending filter rigorously removes all of the grinds from your drink.
- All you’ll taste is flavorful, smooth iced coffee! Stop wasting money on expensive above-average drinks in shops. DIY instead with Cafe Du Chateau’s easy-to-use cold brewer!
Buying Guide for the Best Cold Brew Coffee Maker
With cold brew coffee gaining popularity all the time, there are more cold brew coffee makers available than ever before. Everyone has their own opinion about what makes for a great cold brew maker, but here are some of the most important things to consider when looking at different models.
Size and Capacity
The very first thing you should ask yourself is how much cold brew do you want to make? If it’s only one or two servings at a time then almost any model will work fine for you. However, if you’re serving several guests or family members then it might be worth looking into one of the larger machines with extra features so you don’t have to pull it out every time you want a cup.
While most cold brew makers will work in basically the same way, there are some differences depending on how they use gravity or pressure to get the liquid through the filter and into your container. Before buying a particular machine, it’s important that you read up on its brewing method so that you know exactly what results to expect. While all good brewers should be able to produce a great-tasting cup every time, each machine has its own range of strength and flavor.
All of our top picks above use gravity-based filtration systems but may add additional steps or parts to the process so it’s important that you read each machine’s specific instructions before buying.
Included Accessories and Attachments
Many cold brewers will come with a variety of different accessories and attachments like extra filters, stirring sticks, and mugs which can all add an extra level of convenience and convenience when brewing your coffee. Make sure that any model you’re considering has all the features you want while still being affordable enough for your budget.
Once you’ve gotten past the first two considerations, you’ll have to choose your favorite style of the maker. The most common design is similar to an old-time percolator with one chamber on top and another below. However, there are also cold brew drip makers that use gravity instead of electricity or water pressure to force water through the grounds and into the carafe below. Also, though not as common yet, some models use freeze-drying instead of hot water to extract flavor from the beans so they won’t get diluted by melting ice later on. Other options include hand-crank machines and fully automatic brewers that will make you three or four servings at once without any effort on your part whatsoever.
You may want to consider what kind of features are available with your potential new cold brew maker. The more automated the process is the less control you’ll have over it so keep that in mind when thinking about how much effort you want to put into making your coffee. Also, some brewers come with built-in storage for beans or filters while others must be stored separately. Cold brewing generally takes longer than hot extraction methods do, which is why drip machines can take several hours to make a single serving. If you’re short on time then a percolator might not be ideal for you unless you can watch it closely and stop it as soon as the dripping stops. On the other hand, freeze-dried brewers will only take minutes before you get your first cup of concentrate so they may be better for busy people who want a lot of coffee fast.
You’ll need to decide on a budget before you can start looking for the best cold brew maker. We all want to get the most for our money, but it’s also important to set reasonable expectations so you aren’t disappointed with your purchase. There are certainly some great bargains out there, but they may require more maintenance than something that costs twice as much upfront. Shop around and compare prices of different models at several different retailers to see which one falls into the most affordable range based on your needs.
Most companies who make cold brew makers make one or two models at most, so after looking through this buyer’s guide you should be able to identify the perfect maker for your needs by comparing different machines against one another based on their size, capacity, style, design, and function.
However, if you really want to make sure that you’re getting the best cold brewer possible then it’s always a good idea to read reviews from other customers who have purchased and used the machine before. Reviews are usually available on the product pages of major retailers or websites where you can get free shipping on your new brewer. When you want to buy the best cold brew maker for your needs, remember these few simple rules so you can get exactly what you need while still being able to stay within your budget.
Now that we’ve covered all of the basics for finding the perfect cold brewer, let’s take a quick look at some of our top-rated models on today’s market. These machines are great options because they are not only made by only the top-tier brands in the industry but are some of our highest-rated brewers overall.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes a good Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
For us at Review Geek, it all starts with construction quality. A Cold Brew Coffee Maker should be made out of materials that are long-lasting, easy to clean, and make it very easy for you to use. They also should be made in a way that they don’t leak all over the place when you are trying to brew your coffee concentrate.
A truly great Cold Brew Coffee Maker will have some sort of filtering mechanism or design feature that separates your finished concentrate from your used coffee grounds. This means no annoying messes on your countertop!
Other things we look for in a high quality cold brewer would have to include additional features like being able to set a timer so that you wake up with brewed coffee waiting for you, being able to control water flow so that you can really dial in your brew strength, having an airtight seal so your coffee doesn’t spill out, and being able to brew a lot of coffee in a single batch.
2. Do you need a special coffee maker for cold brew?
No, you don’t. Any coffee maker that can heat water to 175 degrees Fahrenheit (80 degrees Celsius) or hotter will work just fine for cold brew.
So is there a special “cold-brew coffee” setting on the most popular pod coffeemakers? No, there’s not. The very best cup of cold brew doesn’t come from your home drip coffee maker at all but rather an appropriate container for steeping ground beans in cold water overnight or longer. It’s called a toddy system. There are some solid companies making some good products, including toddy itself, along with Fellow Stagg EKG+ and Surpresa Bella Solviva.
3. How long can I store cold brew in the fridge?
Cold-brew will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks, but honestly, it is best when consumed within a few days. You can also freeze your cold brew concentrate to avoid wasting any, just make sure you leave enough room in your freezer so you don’t freeze anything else!
4. Is cold brew a waste of coffee?
No. One of the most common misconceptions about cold brew is that it’s a waste of coffee; in reality, it’s actually quite the opposite since you’re brewing at double strength!
5. How much caffeine is in a cold brew?
Cold-brew has less caffeine than your average cup because not all of the beans’ caffeine comes out during the steeping process. If you’re looking for the maximum caffeine content, we recommend brewing hot coffee instead.
6. Doesn’t iced coffee have more caffeine?
Yes… but not by much. The difference between hot and iced brews when it comes to their respective levels of caffeine is marginal. Flavor differences are far greater.
7. Is there such thing as a cold brew coffee maker?
No. There are, however, several “cold brew coffee makers” that work to filter ground coffee through cold water to create a concentrated, smooth cup of caffeinated beverage. Check out some examples here.
8. Do I need a special type of grinder for cold brew?
You will want your coffee grounds as fine as possible before making a cold brew. We recommend using either our Porlex Mini Hand Grinders or any other hand burr grinder with similar settings (see below). If you cannot be bothered to grind by hand, we always recommend using an automatic burr mill grinder that allows you to adjust for coarseness. You can then use its finest setting for making your cold-brew concentrate and finer settings for regular cups of coffee.
9. Best coarse grind for cold brew?
In our experience, a medium-coarse grind is best for making a concentrate of cold-brew at home, although you can experiment to find the coarseness that works best for you. Using a coarse grind will give more flavor and aroma to your coffee since more of its surface area is exposed during the steeping process. The downside of using a coarse grind is it makes it more difficult to strain out all the grounds once you’ve poured yourself a glass of iced coffee. This means you’ll have to use some force when pressing down on your mesh filter, which may tire your arms after some time…
The best cold brew coffee makers are not only easy to use, but they also make it possible for you to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee whenever and wherever. Getting the perfect balance between flavor and strength is easier with these machines because there’s no hot water involved in the brewing process. They remove caffeine from your favorite drink while preserving other nutrients like antioxidants that come from green tea leaves or raw cocoa beans. If any of this sounds appealing, we invite you to read our reviews below before making your purchase decision!