Dryer balls are handy laundry aids that help decrease drying duration, soften garments, and conserve energy. Usually crafted from wool or plastic, these balls are designed to be tossed in the dryer with your clothes. As the dryer warms and the clothes spin, the balls function to spread out the clothes and enhance air circulation, which can assist in cutting down drying time.
When shopping for dryer balls, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to consider the material of the balls. Wool dryer balls are a popular choice because they are natural and eco-friendly, but plastic dryer balls are also available and can be more affordable. You’ll also want to think about the size and number of balls you need, as this can vary depending on the size of your dryer and the amount of laundry you typically do.
After researching and testing several different dryer balls, we’ve identified the best options on the market. Our top picks offer a range of benefits, from reducing static to softening clothes to improving air flow. Whether you’re looking for a natural wool option or a more affordable plastic choice, we’ve got you covered.
Best Dryer Balls
We all know that doing laundry can be a tedious task, but what if we told you there’s a way to make it more efficient and eco-friendly? Enter dryer balls, the reusable alternative to dryer sheets. Not only do they help reduce static and wrinkles, but they also cut down on drying time and can even soften clothes without the use of harsh chemicals. In this article, we’ve rounded up the best dryer balls on Amazon to help make your laundry routine a little bit easier.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly and natural alternative to chemically infused dryer sheets and liquid fabric softeners, then Handy Laundry Wool Dryer Balls are worth considering.
- Made of 100% New Zealand premium wool with no synthetic fillers, rolled into tight, extra-large balls and felted for a natural, long-lasting product.
- Speed up drying time by lifting and separating laundry, allowing hot air to circulate better and dry faster, which can reduce energy costs by shortening drying time up to 25%.
- Reduce static cling, making your clothing dry faster, fluffier, and softer, with fewer wrinkles and less static cling.
- They can make a gentle but relentless thumping noise while in use that might disturb some people.
- They might not completely eliminate static cling, especially in very dry climates.
- They might need a bit of lint removal after a few cycles, but they have held up well over the last months.
In our experience, Handy Laundry Wool Dryer Balls are a great alternative to disposable dryer sheets and fabric softeners, especially if you’re looking to reduce your environmental impact and save money on your energy bills. They’re easy to use, durable, and effective at reducing drying time and static cling. Plus, they’re made of high-quality wool that won’t shed or unravel, and they come with a handy storage bag to keep them clean and organized. Overall, we recommend giving Handy Laundry Wool Dryer Balls a try if you’re looking for a natural and eco-friendly way to soften and freshen your laundry.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly and safe alternative to liquid fabric softeners and dryer sheets, the Budieggs Wool Dryer Balls are worth considering.
- Care for your skin: Made of 100% premium New Zealand wool without any fillers, chemicals, or synthetics, these organic dryer balls are hypoallergenic and perfect for sensitive skin.
- Care for your fabrics: These dryer balls soften fabrics, reduce wrinkles, twisting, tangling, lint, and pet hair, leaving your clothes fluffy, fragrant, and luxurious.
- Care for your bill: These organic wool dryer balls cut drying time by 10%-30%, reducing your energy bill, and they last for 1000+ loads in 2-3 years, saving you money in the long run.
- Over-drying may increase static cling, so it’s best to use the moisture-sensitive mode or take fabrics out sooner than usual to prevent static issues.
- Some users may find the thumping noise when the dryer is running to be a bit loud.
- The size, shape, color, and texture of these handmade dryer balls may vary due to the 100% natural New Zealand wool used.
We’ve been using these dryer balls for a while now and have noticed a significant difference in how soft and fluffy our clothes feel. They also help reduce drying time, which is great for busy families. One thing to note is that you may need to use more than 3-4 balls for larger loads to get the desired effect.
Overall, we highly recommend the Budieggs Wool Dryer Balls for anyone looking for an eco-friendly, safe, and efficient way to care for their family and clothes.
If you’re looking for a natural and reusable alternative to dryer sheets, Loaddvni Dryer Balls may be the solution for you.
- Made of high-quality soft vinyl resin and premium organic New Zealand wool
- Reusable and eco-friendly
- Reduces drying time and wrinkles
- Can be noisy in the dryer
- May not eliminate static completely
- Some users may prefer the scent of traditional dryer sheets
We’ve been using Loaddvni Dryer Balls for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with the results. The balls are easy to use – simply toss them in the dryer with your clothes and let them work their magic. We’ve noticed a significant reduction in drying time, which has saved us time and energy. Our clothes come out feeling soft and fluffy, and we appreciate that there are no chemicals involved.
One thing to note is that the balls can be a bit noisy in the dryer, especially if you’re using all six of them at once. However, we’ve found that the noise is worth it for the benefits of the product. Additionally, while the balls do help reduce static, they may not eliminate it completely. If you’re someone who is particularly sensitive to static, you may still want to use a traditional dryer sheet in addition to the balls.
Overall, we highly recommend Loaddvni Dryer Balls for anyone looking for a natural and eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets. They’re easy to use, effective, and will save you time and money in the long run.
We highly recommend the Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls as they are an eco-friendly and effective alternative to dryer sheets and liquid fabric softeners.
- As seen in Yahoo Lifestyle, Real Simple Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Slate, Bustle, and ABC News. Winner of the 2019 “Best of the Best” product awards by Hearst Media. Makes a great gift or stocking stuffer!
- Our dryer wool balls last for a thousand plus loads. Replaces dryer sheets & liquid fabric softeners, Reduces garbage waste. A healthy, petroleum-free alternative to plastic dryer steamer balls.
- Use of a wool dryer ball saves time, money, and energy! Use 3 laundry dryer balls for small/med load, 5-6 for large.
- The balls can be a bit noisy in the dryer.
- They can sometimes get lost in the laundry, so it’s important to keep track of them.
- Some users may not like the feel of the wool on their clothes.
We were impressed with the Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls’ ability to soften laundry naturally without the use of chemicals or synthetics. The balls also shortened our drying time and reduced static cling. We appreciated that the balls were made of 100% premium New Zealand wool and felted in Nepal by women and minorities paid a strong living wage.
In addition, we loved that the Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls were eco-friendly and lasted for over a thousand loads, making them a cost-effective and sustainable option. The only downside we found was that the balls can be a bit noisy in the dryer and may get lost in the laundry. However, we believe that the pros outweigh the cons and highly recommend the Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls for anyone looking for an effective and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional dryer sheets and fabric softeners.
We highly recommend the SUBY Wool Dryer Balls as a natural and eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets and fabric softeners.
- These dryer balls are reusable for over 1000 loads, which saves money on disposable sheets and softeners.
- The balls reduce drying time, which saves the cost of electricity.
- They fluff bedding and down jackets to make them wrinkle-free, eliminating the need to iron them again.
- They may create some static when clothes come out of the dryer.
- They have a mild scent that some people may not like.
- They make some thumping noise in the dryer.
We found the SUBY Wool Dryer Balls to be an excellent product that delivers on its promises. The balls are made of 100% premium New Zealand wool with no synthetic fillers, making them a long-lasting and natural product.
We appreciated that the package includes six extra-large wool laundry balls that come in an elegant cotton bag, making them a thoughtful and practical gift for loved ones.
In our experience, the balls worked well to soften clothes, reduce wrinkles, and save drying time. We also appreciated that they are eco-friendly and can help reduce waste.
Overall, if you’re looking for a natural and effective alternative to dryer sheets and fabric softeners, we highly recommend the SUBY Wool Dryer Balls.
If you’re looking for a natural and eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets, Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls are a great option.
- These dryer balls are made of 100% New Zealand wool, which is a renewable resource and biodegradable. They’re also hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, making them a great option for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls can help you save time and energy. They speed up drying time by 20%-40%, which can save you money on your electric bill and reduce wear and tear on your dryer.
- These dryer balls naturally soften clothes and reduce static cling without the use of fabric softeners or dryer sheets. They’re also reusable for up to 1000 loads, which makes them a great investment in the long run.
- Some users have reported that these dryer balls shed a little bit of wool during use. However, this is a minor issue and doesn’t affect their performance.
- While these dryer balls are effective at reducing static cling, they may not completely eliminate it in all cases.
- Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls are a little bit larger than some other dryer balls on the market, which may make them less effective in smaller dryers or with smaller loads of laundry.
In our experience, Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls are a great option for anyone looking to reduce their use of disposable dryer sheets and fabric softeners. They’re effective, eco-friendly, and budget-friendly in the long run. Plus, they make a great gift for anyone who’s trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
We highly recommend the LEVIBASIC Wool Dryer Balls for anyone looking for a natural and efficient way to soften and fluff their laundry.
- Made with genuine 100% Merino Wool
- Softens and fluffs fabrics naturally
- Great solution for dryer maintenance
- Can be loud in the dryer
- Might cause static if used in a “refresh” cycle
- May not reduce drying time as much as expected
We were impressed with how well the LEVIBASIC Wool Dryer Balls worked to soften and fluff our laundry without the use of chemicals. The balls are made with genuine 100% Merino Wool and are a generous 3 inches in diameter, ensuring they are effective in circulating hot air and absorbing moisture in the dryer.
In addition to making our laundry soft and fluffy, we also appreciated how the balls helped maintain our dryer by reducing twisting and tangling. The balls are also a great eco-friendly solution, as they eliminate the need for fabric softener and dryer sheets, cutting down on waste and saving money in the long run.
However, we did notice that the balls can be loud in the dryer and may cause static if used in a “refresh” cycle. Additionally, while they did reduce drying time, it was not as much as we expected.
Overall, we highly recommend the LEVIBASIC Wool Dryer Balls for anyone looking for a natural and efficient way to soften and fluff their laundry.
We highly recommend the S&T INC. Reusable Dryer Balls for anyone looking to improve their laundry routine.
- These dryer balls offer faster drying times by lifting and separating laundry for better airflow.
- They are a great alternative to dryer sheets or fabric softeners, which can contain harsh chemicals.
- The tips on each laundry dryer ball help soften your clothes and reduce static.
- The color on the ends of the little spikey parts may fade after multiple uses.
- They may not completely eliminate static cling.
- Some users may prefer the scent of traditional fabric softeners.
These dryer balls are a great addition to any laundry routine. They are easy to use and store, and they offer a more eco-friendly option compared to traditional dryer sheets and fabric softeners. We have noticed a significant decrease in drying time since using these dryer balls, which has saved us time and energy. The tips on each ball also help to soften our clothes and reduce static, leaving our laundry feeling fresh and clean.
Overall, the S&T INC. Reusable Dryer Balls are a great investment for anyone looking to improve their laundry routine and reduce their environmental impact.
When looking for the best dryer balls, there are several factors to consider. Here are some things to keep in mind when making your purchase:
Dryer balls come in different materials, including wool, plastic, and silicone. Wool dryer balls are popular because they are eco-friendly and can last for years. Plastic and silicone dryer balls are also available and can be more affordable, but they may not be as durable as wool.
Size and Quantity
The size and quantity of dryer balls you need will depend on the size of your load and the type of dryer you have. Larger loads may require more dryer balls, while smaller loads may only need a few. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
Some dryer balls come with additional features, such as essential oil inserts or spikes to help soften clothes. Consider what features are important to you and whether they are worth the extra cost.
Dryer balls can range in price from a few dollars to over $20 for a set. Consider your budget and how much you are willing to spend on this laundry accessory.
In summary, when choosing the best dryer balls, consider the material, size and quantity, features, and cost. By keeping these factors in mind, you can find the right dryer balls to meet your needs and help make your laundry routine more efficient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using dryer balls for laundry?
Dryer balls offer several benefits when used in laundry. They help to reduce drying time, soften fabrics, reduce static, and can even help to reduce wrinkles. Additionally, dryer balls are a more eco-friendly option compared to traditional fabric softeners since they can be reused multiple times.
How do dryer balls compare to traditional fabric softeners?
Dryer balls are a great alternative to traditional fabric softeners. They are made from natural materials and do not contain any harsh chemicals that can be harmful to your clothes or the environment. They also help to reduce drying time and can be reused multiple times, making them a more cost-effective option in the long run.
Can dryer balls help reduce wrinkles in clothing?
Yes, dryer balls can help to reduce wrinkles in clothing. By bouncing around in the dryer, they help to create space between the clothes, allowing for better airflow and lessening the chance of wrinkles. However, it’s important to note that dryer balls may not completely eliminate wrinkles, especially in heavier fabrics.
What is the ideal number of dryer balls to use per load?
The ideal number of dryer balls to use per load can vary depending on the size of the load and the type of dryer balls being used. As a general rule, we recommend using 3-6 dryer balls per load for best results. However, it’s always a good idea to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for the specific type of dryer balls you are using.
Are there specific dryer balls that are recommended for down jackets?
Yes, there are specific dryer balls that are recommended for down jackets. Wool dryer balls are a great option since they are gentle on delicate fabrics and can help to fluff up the down filling, restoring its loft and warmth. It’s important to avoid using plastic or silicone dryer balls on down jackets, as they can damage the delicate fabric and filling.
What are the differences between wool, plastic, and silicone dryer balls?
Wool dryer balls are made from natural materials and are gentle on fabrics. They help to reduce drying time, soften fabrics, and reduce static. Plastic and silicone dryer balls are typically less expensive than wool dryer balls, but they may not be as effective at reducing drying time or softening fabrics. Additionally, plastic and silicone dryer balls may not be as eco-friendly as wool dryer balls since they are not biodegradable.