Compact coffee makers are an excellent option for people who live solo, consume limited coffee, or simply desire the capacity to make a single cup at a time. These appliances can double as teapots if you procure an additional filter. They are user-friendly and their clean-up process is speedy and straightforward. The superior compact coffee maker will furnish a range of brewing selections, ensuring there’s something to suit all preferences. Several models are equipped with settings to produce fewer or more cups simultaneously so you can brew just a one cup if that’s your preference!
Many people love coffee, but not everyone has the time or space to make it at home. The best small coffee maker is perfect for those who want to enjoy fresh-brewed coffee without taking up too much counter space. The best small coffee maker comes in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find one that matches your kitchen decor. You can brew just enough for yourself or save some in the thermal carafe to keep warm until you come back from work!
There are so many coffee makers on the market to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for your needs. That’s where you come in! This write will provide you with a list of some of the best small coffee makers on the market today, as well as their pros and cons.
List Of 13 Best Small Coffee Maker Reviews
1. Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
- The Keurig K-Mini coffee maker is the perfect size for small spaces and can brew any cup size between 6 and 12 ounces. Just add fresh water for each brew and enjoy coffee made in minutes. The drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7 inches tall, making it easy to transport your coffee on the go. The auto-off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy.
- If you’re looking for a quick, easy way to get your caffeine fix, the Keurig K-Mini coffee maker is perfect for you. This small, energy-efficient brewer can make any size cup of coffee between 6 and 12 ounces, and it features a removable drip tray that accommodates travel mugs up to 7 inches tall.
- Whether you want to brew a small cup of coffee or a large mug, this machine has you covered. It’s also energy-efficient, so you can save money on your electric bill.
2. BLACK+DECKER CM0700BZ 5-Cup Coffeemaker
- This coffeemaker has a Sneak-a-Cup Feature, which temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first cup before brewing ends without making a mess. The Space-Saving Compact Design is perfect for apartments, RVs, dorm rooms, and smaller coffee appetites.
- The Permanent Grounds Filter Included means no need for paper filters; the permanent filter works with your favorite coffee grounds and it’s easy to clean. The Lighted On/Off Switch makes one-touch control easy to operate, and an on/off indicator light provides peace of mind. Volts: 120
- Compact, lightweight, and perfect for small spaces, the BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker is ideal for anyone who loves a great cup of coffee. The Sneak-a-Cup Feature lets you pour your first cup before the brewing process ends without making a mess. The permanent grounds filter eliminates the need for disposable filters, and the lighted on/off switch makes it easy to operate.
- The permanent grounds filter is easy to clean and eliminates the need for paper filters. Plus, the lighted on/off switch makes it easy to operate, and the on/off indicator light provides peace of mind.
3. Mixpresso 2-In-1 Single Cup Coffee Maker & 14oz Travel Mug
- The Mixpresso 2-in-1 Single Cup Coffee Maker & 14oz Travel Mug is the perfect coffee maker for busy professionals who need a quick, fresh cup of coffee on the go. Our premium construction ensures that your coffee will taste great every time, and our durable, compact design makes it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- This portable coffee maker is made of high-quality materials with a compact design, making it perfect for on-the-go use. With 120V 60Hz 700W Voltage of power, you can enjoy a fresh, pure cup of coffee wherever you go.
- This machine is 100% automatic and makes your favorite flavors of coffee in an instant. Simply slide your mug into the brewing base, open the valve, and let the coffee flow. The drip coffee brewer is also easy to clean – simply wash all the components by hand or run them through the dishwasher.
4. Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker with Auto-Shut Off
- The Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker is perfect for anyone who wants fresh, flavorful coffee in minutes. Its one-touch brewing system makes it easy to use, and the swing-out design allows for quick and easy access to the brew basket. Plus, its compact size takes up less counter space. Whether you’re looking for a great addition to your modern kitchen or office, the Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker is a great choice.
- The Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker with Auto-Shut Off brews flavorful coffee quickly and easily. With its one-touch design, this compact coffeemaker is perfect for home or office use. The swing-out design makes it easy to access the brew basket, and the stainless steel decor gives your kitchen a modern touch.
- This small drip coffeemaker is perfect for those who want a quick cup of coffee without all the fuss. Plus, the non-stick warming plate will keep your coffee warm for two hours, and the auto shut-off feature ensures that your coffee pot will never boil dry.
5. Capresso 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker
- This Capresso mini drip coffee maker is the perfect size for 1 or 2 people. The compact design takes up minimal counter space, and the goldtone filter eliminates the need for messy paper filters. The machine can be programmed to automatically brew at your desired time, and the hot plate stays on for 2 hours before automatically turning off. You can also pour a cup of coffee while the machine is brewing.
- This compact machine has a sleek black and stainless steel design and fits easily on any countertop. Plus, the drip stop feature allows you to pour yourself a cup while the machine is brewing. Whether you’re looking for an easy morning cup or want fresh coffee ready when you get home from work.
6. Mixpresso 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- This 5-cup drip coffee maker is perfect for making a fresh cup of coffee in no time. With an illuminated one-touch button, on/off switch, and water window, this coffee pot is easy to use and easy to keep clean. Plus, its small and compact design makes it the perfect size for any kitchen countertop.
- Plus, the transparent water window means you won’t have to worry about overflows. The smaller design fits almost any kitchen countertop, and it’s easy to clean thanks to the removable filter and basket.
- The 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker from MIXPRESSO is perfect for coffee lovers who want a machine that is both reliable and user-friendly. This coffee pot features a Keep Hot carafe plate to keep your coffee warm after brewing.
7. KRUPS Simply Brew Compact Filter Drip Coffee Maker, 5-Cup, Silver
- The KRUPS Simply Brew Compact Filter Drip Coffee Maker is perfect for a small family. The 5-cup brewing capacity is the perfect size for a family of 1 or 2 while maintaining a compact and modern style. The coffee pot also has convenient features, such as Pause & Brew, which allows you to pour a cup of coffee mid-brew and automatically keeps your coffee warm after brewing. The brewer is simple and easy to use with an On/Off button to start brewing and turn off the brewer.
- With 5 cups of brewing capacity, it’s just right for making coffee for 1 or 2 people. The convenient Pause & Brew feature lets you pour yourself a cup of coffee mid-brew, and the Auto Shut Off function turns the brewer off automatically after brewing.
- This machine is made with high-quality materials and has a premium black and stainless steel finish. It also comes with everything you need to make delicious coffee, including a dishwasher-safe glass coffee pot with a drip-free spout, a measuring spoon, and a permanent, reusable coffee filter. Plus, it’s compatible with No.2 paper coffee filters if you prefer them.
8. Maxi-Matic Elite Gourmet Automatic Brew & Drip Coffee Maker
- The Maxi-Matic Elite Gourmet Automatic Brew & Drip Coffee Maker is perfect for the coffee lover who wants a machine that is both beautiful and functional. The sleek design of this coffee maker features a water reservoir that is semi-transparent so you can always see how much water is left.
- The 5 cup glass carafe lets you brew fresh, hot coffee for an individual or small group, and the pause ‘n serve feature lets you grab a quick cup even when the brewing process isn’t finished. Plus, the reusable filter is better for the environment and reduces the additional cost of paper cone filters.
- The Elite Gourmet Automatic Brew & Drip Coffee Maker is perfect for coffee lovers who want a quick, easy, and delicious cup of coffee every morning. The Pause ‘N Serve feature also allows a quick sneak of fresh coffee in the middle of brewing if you’re running low on time or just need a quick caffeine fix. Additionally, this machine features a re-usable filter in a swing-out basket.
- You can also save money and be eco-friendly by using the included reusable filter. The simple on/off switch and power indicator light make it easy to use, and there’s no special programming required.
9. Vimukun Single Serve Coffee Maker Coffee Brewer
- This sleek and easy-to-use coffee brewer is perfect for any coffee lover. Whether you prefer to use K-Cup pods or grounds, this best small coffee maker has you covered. With just one click, you can have a fresh cup of coffee in no time. And cleanup is a breeze – thanks to the detachable water reservoir and dishwasher-safe parts. Plus, the automatic shutoff feature ensures that your machine stays safe and energy-efficient.
- Make coffee your way with the new Single Serve Coffee Maker. Choose your coffee strength and cup size, then relax while it brews a delicious cup just the way you like it. The slim and compact design takes up minimal counter space, making it perfect for small kitchens or offices.
- The slim, space-saving design makes it perfect for countertops or office tables, and the choice of brew strengths and cup sizes means you can customize your coffee exactly how you like it. Plus, the water reservoir has a capacity of 6-14 ounces, so you can make multiple cups before needing to refill.
10. Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker
- This single-serve brewer lets you make coffee in minutes, and it comes with a pod storage unit that fits in the brewer and can hold up to 9 k-cup pods. Plus, the cord storage makes it easy to transport and keep your countertop tidy.
- The Keurig K-Mini Plus coffee maker is perfect for anyone on the go. The small, portable size fits in any coffee lover’s kitchen without taking up too much counter space, and the pod storage unit keeps your favorite k-cup pods close at hand.
- This energy-efficient coffee maker has a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs and an Auto-Off feature that turns the coffee maker off 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy. The K-Mini Plus also comes with cord storage for easy transport and tidy countertops. Compatible with the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter, you can brew your own ground coffee using this coffee maker (sold separately).
11. Amaste Drip Coffee Maker
- This machine is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy delicious, fresh coffee without sacrificing style. With its sleek design and portable size, you can take your Amaste Drip Coffee Maker with you wherever you go. Plus, the adjustable strength control lets you customize your coffee just the way you like it. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a cup of fresh coffee made with the Amaste Drip Coffee Maker. Plus, the chic retro design will add a touch of sophistication to your kitchen or office.
- If you’re looking for an impressive and affordable drip coffee maker, the Amaste is a great choice. It features a reusable coffee filter, so you can save money on paper filters, and an anti-drip design that prevents messes. The water gauge is also visible, so you can easily see when the machine is ready to brew. And unlike other bulky coffee makers, the Amaste is slim and easy to use. Requires just the push of a button – and the filter is easily removed for quick cleanup!
12. Hamilton Beach 49981A Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
- The Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker is perfect for the coffee lover who wants to brew their own ground coffee with a single-serve scoop filter. This fast brewing coffee maker can brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14-ounce travel mug in under 2.5 minutes.
- The mesh scoop filter allows you to use your choice of coffee grounds, and the regular and bold options let you customize your cup of joe to your liking. The durable, easy-to-clean stainless steel design ensures longevity, while the built-in stand for coffee mugs makes it easy to use.
- The fast brewing time means you can have an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds, and the durable stainless steel build ensures that your coffee maker will last for years. Plus, the built-in stand makes it easy to keep your coffee mug upright while you drink.
13. Keurig K-3500 Commercial Maker Capsule Coffee Machine
- This powerhouse is designed to churn out cup after delicious cup of coffee at lightning speeds, thanks to its 1400 wattage. And its intuitive touchscreen interface makes it easy to customize your brewing preferences. Plus, the sleek design will complement any office decor. So if you’re looking for a reliable and stylish way to make coffee in your office, the Keurig K-3500 Commercial Maker Capsule Coffee Machine is a perfect choice.
- This top-of-the-line machine has a touch screen interface for easy use and can make up to 12 cups of coffee at once. It also has a 1400 wattage capacity, so you’ll never have to wait long for your morning cup of joe.
- The Keurig K-3500 Commercial Maker Capsule Coffee Machine is perfect for businesses who want to make high-quality coffee with the touch of a button. With a sleek, professional design, this machine makes it easy to brew your favorite blends quickly and easily.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Small Coffee Maker for You
There are so many different coffee makers on the market these days, it can be hard to choose which one is right for you. Whether you’re looking for a simple machine that just makes coffee or something more complex with all the bells and whistles, we’ve got you covered. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll walk you through the different types of small coffee makers and help you decide which one is best for your needs.
Pod-style Coffee Makers
Pod-style coffee makers are some of the most popular machines on the market today. They’re easy to use and relatively affordable, making them a great choice for budget-conscious buyers. Most pod-style machines use disposable pods filled with ground coffee, tea, or cocoa. All you have to do is pop the pod into the machine and press a button before it automatically brews your beverage of choice. Some machines even let you adjust things like temperature, coffee strength, and water volume.
Pod-style machines are fast and convenient, but they’re also single-use only and often less durable than other models. If you’re looking for a small coffee maker that can still hold its own against bigger countertop appliances, this probably isn’t the right option for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy having a wide variety of drinks at your fingertips or don’t mind replacing pods frequently, a pod-style coffee maker might be perfect for keeping on your countertop!
Drip Coffee Makers
Drip coffee makers are one of the most popular types of coffee makers on the market. They’re affordable, durable, and easy to use, making them a great choice for anyone who wants good coffee without all the fuss. Most drip coffee makers use filters filled with ground coffee, which you then pour into a pot or carafe. The machine will heat up water and send it over the grounds, brewing your coffee in the process. Some machines even come with built-in thermal carafes that keep your coffee hot long after it’s been brewed.
Drip coffee makers are a great choice for people who want to make large batches of coffee at once or for those who like to with different flavors and roast levels. They aren’t as fast or convenient as pod-style coffee makers, but they’re more versatile and durable. If you want great coffee without any fuss, a drip coffee maker is probably the best small coffee maker for you.
Coffee Urns (brewed coffee)
If you need to make large batches of coffee at once, an urn might be right for your needs. Coffee urns are designed to quickly brew larger amounts of coffee so businesses like restaurants, diners, cafes, and catering companies can easily serve lots of guests at once. They often come with multiple spigots so several people can serve themselves at once. Some even have automatic features that let you program things like temperature and strength ahead of time.
Coffee urns are great for restaurants, cafes, and other venues that serve big crowds, but they’re not very convenient if you’re just making coffee for yourself. They’re also quite large and often take up a lot of space on your countertop. If you want something that makes quick work of brewing several pots of coffee at once, an urn might be the right small coffee maker for you! On the other hand, if you only need to make one pot of coffee at a time or have limited space in your kitchen, you should probably keep looking.
Single-serve brewers are relatively new to the market but they’ve quickly become some of the most popular small coffee makers around. These machines are designed for people who only want to make one cup of coffee at a time. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all of them use disposable pods filled with ground coffee, tea, or cocoa. You simply pop the pod into the brewer, press a button, and wait for your drink to be made. Most single-serve brewers let you adjust things like temperature and coffee strength, so you can customize your drink exactly how you like it.
Single-serve brewers are fast, convenient, and perfect for people who want to have control over their coffee experience. They’re also great for people who don’t want to deal with cleaning up messes after they’ve brewed a pot of coffee. On the downside, they can be a bit pricey if you drink a lot of coffee and the pods can be difficult to find. They’re also generally less durable than other types of coffee makers. If you want something that’s quick, easy, and perfect for making just one cup of coffee at a time, a single-serve brewer is probably the best small coffee maker for you!
A French press is a relatively simple device that uses ground coffee and hot water to produce a rich, smooth cup of coffee. The machine consists of a glass or plastic carafe with a plunger that sits on top of it. You put ground coffee in the bottom of the carafe, add hot water, give it a quick stir with a spoon or utensil, then let it steep for several minutes. After that time’s up, you place the plunger on top of the carafe and press it down slowly to push the coffee through a filter.
French presses are great because you can use them to make almost any type of coffee: regular drip, espresso, cold brew, and more! They’re also easy to clean and fairly durable (you should handwash this one though). You can either buy something really simple or spend a few hundred dollars on a high-end model that lets you adjust things like brewing time and pressure. If you like rich, flavorful coffee without having to deal with other types of machines (like pods), you’ll probably love using a French press.
Turkish Coffee Pot
Turkish coffee pots are small, simple devices used to make Turkish-style coffee. The coffee is brewed by dissolving sugar and ground coffee in water and then boiling it to form a thick syrup. The syrup is then poured into small cups called finjan and served with a dollop of foam on top. Turkish coffee pots come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all of them have a small spout at the bottom that’s used to pour the syrup into the finjan.
Turkish coffee pots are perfect for anyone who wants to make their own Turkish-style coffee at home. They’re also really easy to use: you just add sugar, coffee, and water to the pot, heat it up, and then pour the syrup into a cup. They’re also one of the cheapest methods for making Turkish-style coffee; you don’t need any special equipment or ingredients – everything you need is probably sitting in your kitchen right now! Turkish coffee pots are slow (it takes about 15 minutes to make all of that syrup), but they do produce some delicious results. If you like rich, syrupy drinks with lots of foam on top, this might be the best small coffee maker for your needs!
An espresso machine does something very simple: it forces pressurized water through finely-ground coffee to make an extremely strong drink. There are two main types of espresso machines: steam-driven machines (which produce richer, smoother espresso) and pump-driven machines (which typically make more foam).
Espresso machines are incredibly simple to use, but they can also be somewhat tricky to get right. The pressure inside the machine is measured in bars, with 1 bar of pressure being equal to atmospheric pressure. If you’re using a low-quality espresso machine or if you’re not very skilled at making these types of drinks, it’s possible that your drink won’t have enough pressure for proper extraction; conversely, if your machine isn’t running at its full potential or you don’t tamp down the coffee grounds properly during brewing, those same issues could cause an excess of pressure which will lead to a really bitter cup of coffee.
The smallest coffee maker in the market today would be around 10 to 12 ounces and this is a great size for one or two people. If you want to brew more than 12 oz. of coffee, there are machines that can fit up to 14 oz.
Most single-serve brewers require at least 6 oz. of water to have enough space for all the parts of the machine to do their job properly!
The smaller coffee makers are not as portable because they are designed to be stationary on the kitchen countertop. If you need a coffee maker that is easy to move and take with you, there are models that come in travel mug sizes.
Ease of Use
All of the small coffee makers we’ve featured today are incredibly easy to use! Just add water, coffee grounds, and any other desired ingredients (milk, sugar, etc.), press a button or two, and wait for your delicious cup of joe!
Since they are not as large or complex as other machines, small coffee makers do require less routine upkeep. For the most part, you’ll only need to wipe them down and refill them with water and coffee grounds.
Small coffee makers produce great-tasting drinks just like their larger counterparts, but some struggle with temperature control or getting all of the water through the beans at just the right time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the quality of a coffee maker matter?
Homebrewing is a fun but difficult process. (You can learn more about this here.) As such, even if you use the same beans as another home brewer and follow all of their steps exactly the resulting coffee will still not taste quite alike because each person’s equipment has its own unique flavors that are impossible to duplicate no matter how hard they try!
2. Why are my Black and Decker coffee maker so slow?
The Black and Decker coffee maker is so slow because it needs a deep cleaning. You can do this by descaling the device with vinegar, which will signal when you’re ready for auto-cleaning!
3. Why does my coffee never taste good?
Acidic coffees are the cause of sour or weak tasting coffee. When you extract too little flavor from your beans, they can dissolve early and create an unpleasant taste in your drink because acids break apart to give us our most basic flavors: sweet, salty & bitter which is why bad tastes come with less-than-desirable characteristics such as acidity that’s often found in wines/wineskin contact area near stems, etc…
4. What is the best ratio for coffee to water?
There is a general guideline for brewing coffee that the ratio should be one tablespoon of ground coffee per six ounces of water. This can vary depending on individual taste preferences but it’s an easy rule-of-thumb to follow when starting out in your quest for better potable joe!
5. How many scoops of coffee do I put in a coffee maker?
The ratio for brewing coffee is 1-2 tablespoons of ground beans per 6 ounces (or about one cup) of water. For a lighter brew, use less than what would make 2 cups; if you want stronger flavors and tastes then go with more!
The standard measurement in American kitchens are mugs larger than 8 ounces so be sure to adjust your maths when following this recipe – but don’t worry because it’s an easy to fix by simply dividing both numbers into smaller pieces instead.
The best small coffee maker comes in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find one that matches your kitchen decor. You can brew just enough for yourself or save some in the thermal carafe until you come back from work! If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, take a look at our list of the top 15 best small coffee makers on Amazon today.
If you’re looking for a coffee maker that won’t take up much space in your kitchen, then this is the article for you. We’ve compiled reviews of some of the best small coffee makers on the market today and we’ll be highlighting what sets each one apart from the next! It’s important to note that not all models come with a timer option or other features like an auto-shutoff, but if those are things you need in order to get going without worrying about forgetting, make sure to read through our list before making your purchase decision.