A cookie scoop is a must-have tool for baking cookies that are more uniformly baked. A cookie scoop makes it so much easier to dole out the dough and results in better cookies. You’d be amazed at the variety of sizes available.
The quality cookie scoop is made from high-quality stainless steel and has comfortable grips that are centered around a spring-loaded lever. This takes the hassle out of scooping. Silicone or Santoprene cookie scoop handles are soft rubber-like materials that make the scoop more comfortable to hold for full batches. This is particularly important when baking in bulk.
There are so many options on the market that it can be difficult to choose one. We’ve reviewed the top cookie scoops on the market. This review also includes the important factors to consider when buying the best cookie scoops. These will assist you in making the right decision.
What’s a Cookie Scoop
A cookie scoop is a spoon-shaped tool that looks like a spoon. It’s made from a metal frame and has a spring-loaded mechanism. This allows you to portion your batter or dough for baking cookies. The scoop has a simple release action and comes with a scoop that is easy to use.
To do this, take a cookie scoop and fill it with the dough. Then, use a bowl edge to scrape the batter from the sides. To release the cookie onto the baking sheet, press the trigger. Cookies can be shaped and sized with a cookie scoop.
Benefits of Using a Cookie Scoop
A cookie scoop can be a useful tool to make cookies quickly and easily. This amazing kitchen tool offers the following benefits:
- Uniform cookie sizes Cookies are beautiful and appealing because they are uniform. It can be difficult to create consistent-sized cookies if you are a home chef. The task of scooping cookies is easy with a cookie scooper. A cookie scooper is able to pick the exact same size portions as your hands. Cookies will bake evenly if the sizes of the dough balls are uniform.
- Versatility: The cookie scoop is one of the most versatile kitchen tools. The cookie scooper can also be used to transfer cookie dough. There are so many things that a cookie scooper can do.
- Achieving a Professional Look: To make beautiful cookies, you don’t need to be a professional baker. It’s easy to create beautiful cookies with the right tools and a cookie scooper.
List Of 21 Best Cookie Scoop Reviews
1. Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Small Cookie Scoop
- The Solula Professional Cookie Scoop is a great tool for this. It can make cookie dough portions of equal size. It makes it easy to make cookies. The size is an important aspect to consider when shopping. Professional cookie scoops come in a variety of sizes, so not all sizes will work for you.
- Solula has a wide range in sizes, from size 14 (which holds 2.2 ounces) to size 60 (which holds 0.48 ounces). This model holds 0.64 ounces and has a mouth size of 1.5 inches. You can simply choose the size that suits you from the Amazon product page.
- There are many sizes to choose from so you can find the right cookie dough scoop for you. Durability is a key factor in determining the value of a dough portioner. The Solula Professional Cookie Scoop’s 18/8 stainless steel construction will make you happy.
2. Norpro NOR- SCOOP, SANTOPRENE HANDLE
- This cookie scoop is highly rated and holds 2 tablespoons of dough. It is a popular choice in the industry. Many Amazon reviewers have noted that it is reliable, sturdy, and can withstand the test of time. You can also find this pick in a wide range of sizes, from 2 teaspoons to 4 spoons.
- The stainless steel scoop has a heavy-duty spring action that allows for the easy release of cookie dough. Cushioned Santoprene handles make it easier to scoop. It is best to wash this tool by hand in order to keep it in tip-top condition.
3. Wilton Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop
- My favorite cookie scoop is this one. Baker’s Secret Cookie Dough Scoop has a stainless steel construction which ensures that it’s durable and long-lasting. Spring action hinge allows cookie dough to slide out of the spoon onto the cookie sheet easily.
- This scoop makes it easy to enjoy perfectly portioned cookies at any time. This scoop is dishwasher-safe and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- This stainless steel cookie scoop will ensure that all your cookies are almost identical in size and shape. The scoop has a capacity of 4 teaspoons and comes with a squeeze handle to release the dough easily.
4. OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop
- It is best to make a batch of cookies by scooping out uniform dough. This will ensure that your entire batch bakes evenly. Individuals who bake cookies with perfection will love the OXO Good Grips cookie scoop.
- A medium-sized scoop will yield approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough. The cookie will measure approximately 2 3/4 inches in size. Because the scoop handles are a little wider than normal, they can be easily handled even by small hands. Comfortable grips are guaranteed even when you squeeze.
- The OXO Good Grips cookie scoop makes cleaning easy. This kitchen tool can be washed in the dishwasher. This kitchen tool can be used to scoop out rice, ice cream, and other foods.
5. Jenaluca Cookie Scoop
- Another medium-sized cookie scoop, this one made from all-stainless steel and has an ergonomic design. This cookie scoop is designed to fit comfortably in your hand, so you can scoop with ease.
- It is strong and durable, so it can withstand heavy-duty use without breaking down. Mirror polished means that the Jenaluca cookie scoop shines as brightly after each wash as it did when it was first purchased. The stainless steel can be washed in a dishwasher.
- It is difficult to grip due to its metallic frame. However, the wiper is perfect and allows for a complete and clean ejection. This scoop can be used for many purposes. It can make cookies, cupcakes, deliver ice cream, and even make Swedish meatballs.
6. Cookie scoop set, Ice Cream Scoop set
- The Sangde cookie scoop set comes in three sizes. It delivers the perfect cookie every time. Sometimes you may need a smaller cookie for your children or a larger one for your family. This cookie scoop set can satisfy your needs, no matter what size.
- The cookie scoop set features an ergonomic design and a modern cog. This scoop set made from premium food-grade stainless steel is free of chemicals, rusting, and corrosion. It is extremely durable.
- There are three sizes available for the scoop set: 1.6 inches, 2 inches, and 2.48 inches. This scooper is also great for scooping ice cream.
7. Solula 18/8 Stainless Steel Small Cookie Scoop
- This scoop is versatile enough to be used for many purposes. We have listed the Solula Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop for different purposes. This stainless steel product can be used to make cookies or ice cream.
- This cookie scoop is popular because of its versatility. These cookie scoops are also used by ice cream vendors to provide the right amount of ice cream to their customers.
- It still works flawlessly and smoothly. The jamming issue with standard scoops may be something you have experienced, but here it is not.
8. KitchenAid Gourmet Cookie Dough Scoop
- Who said a cookie scoop had to be boring and dull? This model stands out with its bright blue handle grips. This model will add fun to your cooking, especially if it is baking cookies with children.
- The Kitchenaid Gourmet Cookie Dough Scoop can be held in one hand and is very easy to use. The durable stainless steel body contrasts well with the grips on the handles. The stainless steel is protected from rusting and other forms of corrosion by the coating.
- This size is ideal for meatballs, as well as a variety of foods. It is easy to release food from the scoop thanks to the large spring that connects the handles. This model can be thrown in the dishwasher after use for maximum convenience.
- This model comes with a lifetime warranty. KitchenAid will replace any defective parts at no cost if they are found to be defective. This cookie scoop is durable and can be used for many years.
9. Jenaluca Cookie Scoop Set
- If you want cookies that are perfectly round, the Jenaulca cookie scoop is the right choice. The stainless steel body is high quality and contains no harmful chemicals. Because it doesn’t put pressure on your wrists, the scooper is very light. The scooper glides effortlessly and without extra effort.
- The cookie scoop’s ease of use is one of its most impressive features. It can be used by anyone, regardless of whether they are left-handers or right-handers. The tool is equally efficient because it caters to different preferences.
- The scoop is classy in that they don’t use old springs and have a modern cog-and ratchet. The scooper’s body is made from high-quality stainless and will not rust or corrode. The cookie scoop is dishwasher-safe, which makes it a great choice for every household.
10. Zeroll Universal Standard Length EZ Disher Food Portion Control Scoop
- Zeroll cookie scoops are suitable for left-hand or right-hand users. This is a great choice for those with weak hands. This spring requires less effort to scoop or eject the dough. Spring replacement is easy. NSF approved this product and it is dishwasher-friendly. This product is lightweight and ideal for everyday use. This cookie scoop makes it easy to portion cookies evenly and with less mess.
- This scoop is distinctive with its red handle, which makes it stand out on your countertop. It also adds visual value to your kitchen. Easy identification is made possible by color-coding. This product is a great choice for anyone who wishes to add color to their kitchen. This tool is used to measure cookies and also for placing fruit balls, ice cream, or rice balls.
11. CHEE MONG Cookie Scoop Melon Baller Scoop
- Do you want to make large batches of cookies for a party, but not strain your wrists and hands? The cookie scoop is the perfect tool! This scoop is perfect for larger cookies as it can hold three tablespoons of dough.
- Many reviewers thought the plastic handle was too fragile. The scoop’s easy release was a major selling point. It produces uniform, consistent dough that is loved by many.
12. JSDOIN Ice Cream Scoop Set
- The cookie scoop set is available in three sizes. It is made from stainless steel, making it durable. This cookie scoop also features an ergonomic trigger. It can be squeezed to release cookie dough, making scooping simple.
- This cookie scoop is perfect for small cookies. It glides effortlessly and doesn’t take much effort. It also has a comfortable grip and can be used in both the left and right hands.
13. Saebye Large Cookie Scoop, Cupcake Scoop
- The large SaeBye cookie scoop is made of stainless steel and can be used to bake cookies uniformly with less effort. Although the cookie scoop may not be as big as you would like, it will help you measure the correct cookie size. The cookie scoop is simple and effective in design. It makes it easy to scoop out your cookie dough and place it on a baking sheet.
14. Apexstone Cookie Scoop Set of 3
- I think you will be interested in the Apexstone Cookie Scoop set. The three scoops in this pack are of the following ounces: 0.75, 1.33, and 2.67. I find it more economical to buy these three scoops together than to buy each one individually.
- Are you looking for the best cookie scoop set in terms of quality construction? Apexstone is proud to offer you fine quality utensils judging by the quality.
- The items are made from 304 stainless steel. This material is strong, tough, and resistant to breaking and bending, and also resists corrosion. This material is great if you plan to use your scoops for many years.
- The 304 stainless steel is strong and durable, but it also has the advantage of being easy to clean. It can be cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher. These utensils will regain their shine after being washed in the dishwasher.
15. Prep Solutions by Progressive Quick Release Cookie Scoop
- The Cake boss 2-Piece Mechanical Cookies Scoop Set will make it easy to scoop and bake cookies like a pro. This scoop set will deliver superior results every single time. This scoop set is perfect for shaping uniformly sized dough drops.
- You can use it to make ice cream and other mini treats. The handles are rubberized and made from sturdy stainless steel. It has a spring action for easy release. This set will allow you to bake your favorite cookies twice as fast. These cookies can be washed in the dishwasher.
16. Saebye Small Cookie Scoop
- This cookie scoop is made from 18/8 high-grade stainless steel. This material is food-safe and can be used in direct contact with food. Secondary polishing gives this metal ice cream scoop a shiny surface. This cookie scoop is strong and durable.
- Saebye has a small cookie scoop that can be used to scoop soft and hard ice creams, melons, cookies, and many other things. It is best to not use it for hard items like sub-zero ice cream. It may also reduce its life expectancy. This cookie scoop’s design is ergonomic. These handles are ergonomic and will fit comfortably in your hand.
- The trigger scoop can be used to release the food item. The trigger scoop can be used to release the food item without requiring you to exert a lot of effort. It is possible to release the scoop easily using the no spring action mechanism. The scoop is simple to use and will last a long time.
17. Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoops
- These are the essential sizes that you need for your baking and serving needs. These sizes come in three sizes: 1 tablespoons, 1.5 tablespoons, or 2 tablespoons.
- The Nepro stainless-steel cookie scoop set has a strong spring action that allows food to be released quickly and precisely. It has a high-polished finish to keep it shining brightly after each cleanup. It protects against rusting and corroding.
- The scoops can be difficult to use without a rubber, plastic, or wooden handle. It can easily slip off and can stress or bite into your hand.
- This set can be used to transport different food items at high speed. These sets can scoop ice cream, cookies, or dough. It can also make meatballs and fruit and melon balls. Nepro’s stainless steel scoops are easy to clean. They can also be washed in a dishwasher. Despite their extraordinary performance, they are very durable.
18. Fayomir Cookie Scoop Set
- This cookie scoop set can compete with most cookie scoops on the market. The scoops are designed with a cog-and ratchet mechanism. This makes it easy to scoop and requires very little pressure. You can use the scoop with your right and left hands.
- This scoop set is made of 18/8 stainless steel which is food-grade, superior quality, and long-lasting. This scoop set is also stain, rust, and corrosion-resistant. You don’t need to worry about them breaking or bending because the handles and scoop ball have been thickened.
19. FanHomcy Cookie Scoop for Baking
- Did you enjoy the budget section of our scoop tools? If you answered yes to the previous budget segment of scoop tools, we are certain that this one will be just as good. We are happy to present the FanHomcy Cookie Scoop, which is currently at the sixth position on this list.
- We want to inform you that the second specification is very affordable if you have a limited budget. Don’t let the lower price tag fool you. It offers much more than it costs.
- The stainless steel body will be delivered. Not the parts. The scoop’s weight is very light, so it will not be too heavy for long-term use. This is a great deal if you have a tight budget.
20. Vollrath 1-5/8 oz Stainless Steel Disher
- Vollrath’s cookie scoop is made of high-quality stainless steel and has a yellow polypropylene handle. It is comfortable to hold for hours. This cookie scoop is only for right-handed people and won’t be comfortable for left-handed cooks. It has a stopper built in that stops your hand from sliding and prevents food from getting ruined.
- The handle is colored to help identify the scoop from other ones. It is resistant to bacteria and doesn’t harbor water. This ensures that you receive the same size cookies every time. The base has an engraved end cap that gives it weight and balance. Spring-loaded handles are able to cushion high pressure and provide comfort when scooping or releasing dough.
21. Tellshun Nonstick Anti-Freeze Food Ice Cream Scoop
- These two rubber scoops are nonstick and can scoop ice cream, cookie dough, or other ingredients. These rubber scoops have anti-freeze, anti-slip and are made of rubber. These scoops are not easy to bend and have ridged handles for easier handling.
- Some customers complained that it was difficult to scoop very frozen ice cream. Customers were happy with the size of the scoop and the hook for easy storage. Although they are not dishwasher-safe, many buyers stated that they can be hand washed.
Buying Guide for the Best Cookie Scoop
Many factors can impact your purchase decision. It can be hard to narrow down the options on the market. To help you choose the best cookie scoop on the market, consider the following criteria.
When looking for a cookie-cutter, the most important thing to consider is how it was built. It’s best to choose stainless steel over any metallic scooper. You can be sure that your cookie scoop will last a long time and not break. To get the best out of your product, make sure you look at the material’s durability.
Easy to use
Scoop is a common kitchen tool. Scoopers are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Products that are simple to use and have an ergonomic design are best. An ergonomic design increases efficiency and reduces effort.
The handle design is an important aspect of selecting a cookie scoop. The handle is responsible for the scooping action. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider the material of your handle. Most scoopers on the market have handles made of ceramic, plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel. Choose handles that are easy to grip. Spring-loaded handles are able to absorb pressure so you can get more out of any bowl.
There are three sizes of cookie scoops. You can choose from a small, medium, or large cookie scoop, depending on what you need. Cookies are usually two inches in diameter with small cookie scoops. Medium cookie scoops can hold cookies up to three inches in diameter, while large scoops can hold cookies up to four inches. Choose the size that best suits your needs.
Ease of cleaning
Cookies scoops are used to transfer the sticky, viscous dough. You can save yourself the trouble of cleaning up after baking by choosing a scoop made from easy-to-clean materials. This is why stainless steel is the best choice. It is strong and easy to clean. It is also dishwasher-friendly.
Low-quality cookie scoops can quickly spoil, especially at their fulcrum. A high-quality, durable cookie scoop is often worth the investment. These utensils should be handled with care to ensure they last a long time.
How To Fix a Cookie Scoop
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a cookie scoop hold?
The generous tablespoon-sized container holds approximately four teaspoons of dough. This measure is approximate but is meant to be representative of the amount that a baker will receive if they use the same tablespoon that is used for dinner to scoop their cookie dough.
It is a good idea to purchase one for foodservice sizes. To ensure that your cookies are of equal volume, make sure you look at the imprinted scoop number. The small cookie scoop can hold approximately two teaspoons of dough.
2. What else can I do with a cookie scoop?
A cookie scoop can be used for many other purposes than baking cookies. You can use it to stuff muffins, make deviled eggs, serve meatballs, and much more.
3. Which scooper size is best for cookies?
Scoop is available in many sizes. Most people prefer the 2-tablespoon-sized scooper for cookie dough. However, it is up to you to decide the size of the cookies that you wish to bake. A scooper with a 1 tablespoon capacity is best for small cookies. Medium-sized cookies can be made with a 2 to 3 tablespoon portioner, and large cookies will be made using a 4 Tablespoon scooper.
4. What else can I do instead of using a cookie scoop to make my cookies?
You don’t need a cookie scoop to make perfect-sized cookies. Drop cookies can be made with a regular cookie scoop or a spoon. You can also have sticky fingers. You can choose to scoop in the way you like best.
Spoons are best when the dough is very chunky, as it will not fit in your cookie scoop. Because they are small enough and well-shaped, the spoons are easy to remove. It will be easy to take it out. You can also use a small measuring cup to make jumbo cookies. You can then easily transfer the dough to baking sheets. It doesn’t matter if you have to remove it. You might need to spray the cup from the inside between each cookie drop.
5. How much dough can I scoop?
Cookie scoop sizes can vary. It all comes down to what size cookie scoop you use. One model can hold 1 tablespoon of dough while another can hold 4 tablespoons. When shopping, make sure you check the scooper’s capacity.
6. How many tablespoons are in a cookie scoop?
It all depends on how big the cookie scoop you use. Cookie scoops can hold between two and four tablespoons.
To ensure that you only invest in the best products, it is important to do your research. You will need to research the spring action mechanism and the material used to construct a cookie scoop. This will ensure that you get the best quality model on the market.
The best cookie scoop will depend on your baking preferences and goals. The best cookie scoops will be the ones that work for you. These reviews have been carefully compiled by us to provide you with the general buying guide and to help you find high-quality cookie spoons that will simplify your baking.
You should also be careful with how you store them, as they can easily break down without proper storage.