High-energy food sources include peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and walnuts. They are rich in protein, vitamins, and fatty acids as well as minerals, fiber, and many other important nutrients. The best nut cutter can be used as a snack or added to different recipes.
There’s no reason to be concerned if you’re a master cook but aren’t able to get the knife in the right place. Here are the best deals available.
If you don’t have the skills to cut nuts, it is a good idea to use a nut chopper. The simplest and fastest way to dicing hard snacks is with a nut chopper. This list will help you to find the best nut chopper for creating delicious desserts and meals.
What’s a Nut Chopper ?
These tiny little tools allow you to quickly chop nuts without the need for a knife. We recommend that you have some knife skills when shopping. Even the most skilled cook can find nuts difficult to chop. You can put nuts in oatmeal but not whole. This is because you won’t get enough nuts in each bite.
List Of 20 Best Nut Chopper Reviews
1. Chef’n NutZoom Nut Chopper
- This chopper is for you if you want to get more elbow grease. To chop or mince nuts, open the top and fill it with nuts.
- This is a great advantage because the blade can be easily removed and washed. However, because of how the blades are placed, it can be difficult to get them out of freshly chopped nuts.
- You don’t need to worry about washing it by hand as it’s dishwasher-safe. It can take some time if you want to mince lots of nuts. There is a limited capacity and the plastic may break if you apply too much force. It’s a good device for quick and simple use, especially considering the price.
2. Norpro Nut/Topping Chopper
- The Nopro chopper can be used at home and holds 1 1/4 cups. The Nopro chopper features a stainless steel crank and blade. It measures 3.70×7.25×4.25 inches and won’t take up too much counter space.
- It is sturdy and has a glass holder. This machine is great for nuts such as almonds. This is a fantastic product with all the convenient features that make it our top choice.
- This is a great tool for cutting soft nuts such as walnuts, pecans, cashews, and pistachios. You can also top your favorite ice cream with chopped graham crackers or sandwich cookies, or any other cereal you like! Save time during food preparation!
- Easy to use, chopped nuts can be used to bake, sprinkle on desserts, cakes, and other foods. Attach the lid to the hopper and place the topping you desire. The glass base will hold your toppings. Stainless steel blades with a glass base. Both left and right-handed users can use the blades.
3. Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop
- The 200-watt power pod is great for cutting, mincing, and grinding. It has an efficient design. This is my favorite. The Ninja Express electric chopper is a simple tool that does the job with just one button.
- The Ninja Express is simple to use and delivers perfectly chopped nuts in under a minute. Attach the blades to the machine, add your favorite nuts, then turn it on.
- The Ninja Express can chop almonds, peanuts, and walnuts. It can also be used to cut cheese, chocolate, bacon crumbles, and other ingredients for quick meal preparations or toppings. You can also wash the chopper in the dishwasher.
4. Progressive International Prepworks NUT CHOPPER
- The most tedious part of any meal preparation is chopping nuts with a knife. Progressive’s nut chopper makes it quick and easy. This will allow you to make more delicious desserts such as cookies and brownies. This machine can easily chop through nuts such as almonds.
- There are two modes of fine and coarse grinding. You can simply change the direction of rotation by turning the handle. The lid hinged so the nuts can fill the bowl easily. It has an elliptical design which increases its stability when in use.
- To ensure that you get the right amount, the nuts should fall into the clear top 1 and a 1/2 (350 ml), capacity cup. This chopper has one drawback. To get the nuts out, you need to turn them upside down. The device is easy to clean and can be washed in the dishwasher, making it an ideal tool for shopping.
5. RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Vintage
- I am now considering the RSVP Nut Chopper. This machine is sleek and a great addition to any kitchen. The shatterproof hopper protects the machine from damage. It can also be used to collect chopped nuts in a standard mason jar. It measures 3 1/4×6 inches and has a good capacity. This device is ideal for cutting almonds for baking and snacking.
- This model has one potential problem: quality reviews. This model may be suitable if you don’t intend to grind nuts in large quantities. However, if you are serious about your work, I would recommend a more expensive, better quality model. The chopper can be washed in the dishwasher.
6. Prepworks by Progressive Nut Chopper with Non-Skid Base
- Prepworks by Progressive Nut Chopper can be used as a manual nut cutter. The nut chopper comes with a large container that can hold as many nuts as you like. It can hold 350 ml. It has markings on the body that make it easy to identify cup sizes and chop nuts accordingly. It’s as simple as that!
- It can grind hard nuts such as almonds and coconuts quickly. It can grind fine to very coarse nuts. It can be used to make salad dressings and add crunch to cereal. You can clean the nut chopper in a dishwasher.
- This nut cutter is sturdy and offers solid functionality. The elliptical design makes it look very stylish. You can also add it to your kitchen to add beauty and style. It’s much more user-friendly and resistant than other nut butter. It is without doubt the best nut cutter on the market.
7. Edofiy Manual Speedy Rotared Vegetable
- This is the most popular chopper, used to easily chop almonds for pastries and sweets. This chopper is high-quality. The chopping blade of this chopper is made from food-grade 430 stainless and BPA-free ABS. The unique shape of the slicer gives you maximum protection. You can choose from three different blade types and they are interchangeable.
- You will save time with its efficient operation. One turning cycle is equal to 12 cuts with a kitchen knife. You can use it not the only to slice, but also as a cutter, shredder, and grinder.
- It is easy to clean. It can be easily washed with warm water and a little detergent. It is composed of a drum cutter with a suction base. This product features a strong grip and stability on a flat surface.
- The sleek design of the cutter allows you to produce perfectly rated and cut ingredients. This fully manual, operable cutter can be used without the need to plug it in. Later, you can avoid hurting your hand.
8. OXO Good Grips Chopper
- OXO is a great brand to choose from if you want the best price and quality. This chopper has the best cost-value ratio.
- This version is unique because of the way that the stainless steel blades work. The blades are in a wave shape so that the nuts can be sliced evenly and completely within the machine’s rotating motion. The chopper has a non-slip lid for security and easy operation.
- This chopper stands out thanks to its many accessories and features. The chopper includes a copper spoon for easy removal of your sliced foods, as well as a snap-on lid that allows you to store the chopper in a convenient container.
- The handle can be locked down for compact storage, and the blade can also be unscrewed for easy cleaning. This product is simply amazing.
9. Ninja 400-Watt Blender/Food Processor
- The Ninja Master Prep, an upgraded version of the Express Chop, is available. Although it’s very similar, it is perfect for those who need more power and versatility.
- It functions exactly the same way but has a stronger motor and two different-sized cups. This could be a great option if you are looking to prepare watery vegetables and chopping nuts without a blender. The containers have an easy-to-use pour spout.
- Ninja also produces a variety of cross-compatible models that blend or chop. We’ve written about them in our article on Ninja blenders.
10. Electric Food Chopper, 5-Cup Food Processor by Homeleader
- This Homeleader offering is a high-quality electric food chopper. This general food chopper has been designed to withstand chopping and grinding nuts.
- The maximum capacity of the chopper is 1.2 liters. This is enough for personal use. The chopper also features a silica-gel sealing ring that prevents spattering. This is important because it stops bits of nuts from flying up when you use the electric chopper.
- This chopper can be used with no effort because it is completely electric. This makes this product ideal for those with mobility problems since it requires no muscle strength. Simply turn the switch and it will chop nuts in no time!
- It has a motor with 300 watts and four super-sharp blades. This makes it powerful enough to chop nuts and process other food types.
11. Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper
- If you need to chop large quantities of nuts, the Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper will do the trick. It can also chop vegetables, herbs, and fruits. It is BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean.
- You may find it cuts unevenly and doesn’t work well with smaller quantities of nuts. Be aware that it can scratch the bowl if you chop hard nuts. Sometimes the pull string was not working correctly in some cases.
12. Food Network 3-Cup Mini Food Processor
- There are good chances that your food processor can be used as nut butter. This Food Network brand does the job quickly and efficiently. To instantly get results, press the high/low button in under 60 seconds.
- This food processor can be used to chop, shred, slice, or pulse your favorite snack nuts. The S-curved blade, shredding disc, and shredding blade are used to chop nuts. If you want to sprinkle oil on top, the liquid reservoir can be used. This is useful for salad dressing. Chop a bit. Add a little. Continue to coat the nuts as necessary.
- After you are done shopping, take the bowl out of the food processor along with the liquid lid, blades, and blades to wash in the dishwasher or hand wash. Use a damp cloth or eco-friendly cleaners to clean the base of your food processor. Lemon water is a good option to prevent the buttons and hard plastic from sticking.
13. Vivaant Food Chopper – Manual Slicer Dicer Mincer
- The Vivaant Food Chopper can do so much more than simply chop nuts. It is constructed using high-quality materials and features top-quality construction. This nut chopper is durable thanks to its combination of top-quality materials and fine craftsmanship. It ensures the unit is sturdy and stable for all chopping tasks. Safety features include a rubberized button and a non-skid base.
- We found this nut chopper to be ideal for home and commercial use. This manual chopper makes it easy to chop nuts and other ingredients. It measures 3.75×3.75×7 inches. This makes it a great unit for transit and in tight spaces. This may not be the best choice if you need a large-capacity unit to cut large amounts at once.
- This chopper’s body is made of BPA-free plastic. The stainless steel blades are on the other side. This material, which is also strong and resistant to corrosion, is a great choice. It is seamless how they put together the stainless-steel blades and plastic body. This enhances the aesthetics of this nut cutter as well as its durability and functionality.
14. Black+Decker, Improved Assembly, HC300B FreshPrep 3-Cup Electric Food Chopper
- The BLACK & DECKER electric food chopper has a capacity of 3 cups and is compact. It’s a great choice for any kitchen. The stainless steel blades will not lose their sharpness over time and operate with a simple, one-touch interface that is extremely easy to use.
- It also features a 175-watt motor that can process nuts, herbs, vegetables, and breadcrumbs. Small holes on the lid allow oil to be drizzled in while you make a sauce or dressing.
- The chopper was designed to be efficient with dimensions of just 6.5 inches, 5 inches, and 7 inches. Except for the base, all components are dishwasher-safe.
15. ZYLISS Zick-Zick Classic Food Chopper
- The Zyliss ZickZick food cutter is an affordable and simple way to chop nuts. The dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, plastic device has a pump mechanism that chops nuts. Most Amazon reviewers agree that the device is easy to use and reduces chopping time.
- This chopper can be used on top of a cutting board like many others. However, you can also use it directly in the cup that comes with it, which can hold 1 cup of food. The plunger extends the blades below the food and then rotates in a new position to make the chops more even. Your fingers will not get in the way of the removable blade cover.
- A lid is included with the food chopper that can be placed over the cup. This makes it easier to prepare food ahead of time. The blade can be easily removed from the food chopper to clean it. However, the manufacturer recommends the use of the top rack for best results. It is small enough that it can be stored in a standard kitchen drawer.
16. HIC Harold Import Co. HIC Manual Nut Chopper
- This manual cutter can handle all types of nuts. This manual cutter can easily grind both hard and non-hard nuts. It is made from high-quality glass material and performs the task it was designed to do efficiently.
- Filberts, almonds, and walnuts can all be handled by the HIC Chopper. The HIC Chopper is one of the most efficient manual choppers, with 18/8 stainless-steel blades that can easily cut through nuts.
- The HIC Chopper’s glass base is easy to clean. It is also dishwasher-safe. Hand washing is possible with warm soapy water.
17. Geedel Food Chopper
- This is the portable nut cutter you are looking for. The blades are made of 430-grade stainless and turn 24 degrees at each slap.
- You might be wondering what the slap push is. The slap press works in the same way as a doorbell button. You push it to start the blades cutting. A holder replaces the handle in this design. The rotating scraper removes food from the sides and allows for easy chopping.
- A clear base holds and receives chopped nuts, while a non-slip base provides rigidity on all surfaces. This can be used to chop onions and garlic, but not only with nuts. You can easily disassemble it for handwashing, but it is also dishwasher-safe.
18. Cuisinart SG-10 Electric Spice-and-Nut Grinder
- An electric grinder is a great option for those who don’t have the time or energy to grind their own spices. This model is excellent at grinding spices.
- The easily removable cup can be used to make some spice mixes and sort them. The push-top is also very easy to use. Its sleek black and silver design can be matched with any kitchen color.
- However, there are some problems with this model. Motor overheating can cause problems. Due to its weak motor, it may have difficulty handling harder nuts. The blade fitting might not be completely airtight. Finer spices could leak out.
- The Cuisinart® SG-10 is a good option for grinding softer nuts and spices such as pepper. However, it should be considered that the motor life expectancy and structural design of the grinder are issues.
19. HOME-X Manual Nut Grinder, Food Chopper for Nuts
- Some people don’t like using a knife to cut and chop vegetables during meal preparation. The Home-X manual nut grinder makes cooking easier and saves you a lot of time. It features a bowl at the top to place food, and another below to collect them once they have been ground.
- The sturdy blades of the handle are comfortable and strong. This machine can grind and chop different types of legumes such as peanuts, walnuts, almonds, and many others.
- This grinder can be used as an assistant to chop nuts for your salads or as a topping on smoothies. The sleek, seamless design of this grinder looks great in any kitchen.
- This nut grinder makes a great gift, especially for couples. The compact food chopper can be used every day and is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
20. Leifheit Comfort & Clean Food Chopper
- Leifheit’s comfort and clean food chopper are very easy to use. It fits comfortably in your hand. The food chopper is capable of cutting through nuts, as well as other ingredients like garlic, onions, and other herbs, with just a few clicks.
- The blades position themselves automatically with each chop, making it easy to get your food chopped evenly. The transparent plastic cover allows you to see the progress of each chop. It’s very simple to use and does not require much arm strength.
- When it comes time to clean the food chopper’s sides, they can be folded in half. You can wash the blades with soap and water. The overall shape factor of the food chopper is thicker than conventional models.
- The tough plastic shell makes it more difficult to crack than other brands. This means that your kitchen tool will last longer than other food choppers.
Buying Guide for the Best Nut Chopper
There are many factors that you should consider when looking for a high-quality nut chopper. These are the factors to consider before you read on about these top nut chopper reviews.
There are many nut chopper products on the market, all made from different materials. But which ones can withstand the test? We have the answer.
It is important that you are able to inspect the product before you buy it.
For example, products with a body made of plastic are great choices, provided that the material is BPA-free, and approved by FDA. ABS plastic is a great material choice. You can also make the whole body from stainless steel. This is because it won’t crack, deform, or rust.
The base of nut choppers holds chopped nuts and other foods. They can be made out of glass or plastic. Most products use a mixture of plastic and glass to make the food hopper.
The chopping and grinding blades must be made of stainless steel. It must be made from stainless steel. They do the hard work so you need a material that can withstand pressure and maintain sharp edges to produce consistent results.
It would be disappointing if you needed 2 cups of chopped nuts, but all the clear containers your nut cutter can hold is 1 cup. This is why it is important. Most common products have a container capacity of 1-2 cups. Depending on your needs, this may or may not suffice.
The product’s design is one factor that will determine the size of the clear container. Products with an elliptical design cannot hold more than 1 1/2 cups. However, products with a larger square design can hold up to 5 cups. The Mueller Ultra Heavy Duty Chopper is one example.
You can still get products that hold about 1 1/2 cups of liquid if you don’t have the budget for the big leagues. You can take the container out and put it back in your nut chopper. It is, however, stressful.
You will find that different nut choppers come at different prices. Before you start your search, it is important to know what your budget is. But, just because a nut cutter is less expensive than the others does not mean that it is inferior in quality. You can still find high-quality nut choppers at a significantly lower price.
Another important factor to consider is durability. A sturdy, plastic body is essential for any nut cutter you buy. To crack nuts, the blades must also be sharp. Even if you only have a hand nut cutter, grinding huts doesn’t require a lot of strength.
The nut chopper’s base should be balanced on any surface, countertop, or platform it is placed on. When chopping nuts, it should not move. Many choppers come with a non-skid base that helps to prevent this. You should ensure that the plastic used to make the product is not cheap and easily damaged.
Some nut choppers have a plastic body. You can choose to use plastic or glass for some nut choppers.
The design of the nut chopper is important. The crank can be found on either the top or side of the manual versions. You need to consider how much space the chopper will take up. The hand crank should be at the top so you can easily reach it and use it for longer periods of time. Side cranks can be great but require more effort.
The ergonomic design of the electrical versions is a plus. To prevent nuts from leaking, a tight-fitting lid must be used. A non-slip grip is ideal to prevent the nut cutter from moving around on the countertop.
It is important to consider the size of your nut chopper. It should hold the correct amount of chopped nuts you need.
Size is not the same thing as capacity. The appliance might be large but only hold one to two cups. A product that can hold between four and five cups may be better if you intend to chop larger nuts. You won’t need as much space if the cutter is used for baking or other uses that require nuts.
Although they have higher capacities than electric models, they can be quite noisy. Manual choppers can be found and can hold as much as three cups of chopped nuts. You also need to consider the machine’s size when deciding on its size. You should choose the right size if you have limited storage space.
Ease of Maintenance
Make sure the nut chopper is safe for your dishwasher. You should find it easy to clean, without causing any harm. The blades are made from stainless steel, which doesn’t rust. These blades can also be used to remove the chopped particles. Remember to clean your nut cutter after each use.
It’s one thing to know how much the clear container can hold, but it’s quite another to know what the actual container capacity is at each level. How is this possible? We will show you.
If your container has a capacity of 2 cups, and you only need 1/2 cup chopped nuts, how can you tell when you have ground enough nuts to make a cup? You must mark the container. This will allow you to keep track of how many chopped nuts and food you have, as well as accurately measure them. This is something you should be aware of.
Is It Safe To Use?
After you have confirmed that the materials are free of lead and BPA, it is time to inspect for safety features. You can have a thick or thin handle, but it must not slip. The base must be the same. The base can have a rough pattern beneath to prevent it from sliding or feet attached. These features ensure that the product does not slip from your table or hands, thus ensuring safety.
How to Use a Nut Chopper
Nut choppers, electric or manual, are easy to use. We’ll cover the manual ones first, then we’ll touch on the electric ones.
Manual nut choppers can be used, as we have already said. Once you have assembled the pieces, remove the squared or domed lid to access the food hopper. Next, add nuts to fill the hopper to its limit. Finally, close the lid.
Start by holding the base in one hand, and then turning the handle in the other. Most products can change from fine texture to coarse texture depending upon the direction you choose. This information could be found on the product.
After you have started to crank the handle, the nuts can be chopped and placed in the clear bowl below.
To use an electric nut cutter, plug them in and press the button. All you need to do is gather your chopped nuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you chop nuts?
If you need to cut a few nuts, some people prefer to use a large chef’s knife. If you need to chop large quantities of nuts, a nut chopper will be your best option. If you know how to use a nuts chopper, you will get the best results.
2. Can nut choppers be multipurpose?
Nut choppers can be used in the same way as any other chopper, whether it is manual or electric. It comes with a container that can hold the ingredients as well as blades for cutting them. Nut choppers can also be used to chop other foods such as vegetables, bacon, cheese, etc.
3. Can I use my coffee grinder to chop nuts?
Yes, you can. A coffee grinder produces a fine grind. You can chop your nuts finely with a coffee grinder, but only for a few seconds. After that, you can check again to make sure it is working properly.
4. Is it worth investing in a nut chopper?
Chopping nuts with a knife can seem like a lot of work. If so, a nut cutter is worth the investment. It will not only make your job easier but also save you time. You can also use most nut choppers for other purposes.
Get information and insights from previous buyers about the nut chopper you are considering buying. This information is readily available to anyone who is interested, so don’t feel pressure to try to find them.
These choppers can be used to chop almonds, walnuts, and any other nuts you might think of. You should consider buying a few Ninjas if you plan to do a lot and have easy access to sockets. All of the guide ones are perfect if portability is important to you.