Garages are often used as storage spaces, workshops, and even living spaces. However, during colder months, they can be quite uncomfortable due to the lack of insulation. An electric heater can be a great solution to keep your garage warm and cozy.
When it comes to electric heaters for garages, there are several options available in the market. The most common types are radiant heaters, fan-forced heaters, and infrared heaters. Radiant heaters work by emitting heat directly to objects and people in their path. Fan-forced heaters use a fan to circulate warm air throughout the garage. Infrared heaters emit infrared radiation that heats objects and people directly, rather than heating the air.
When choosing the best electric heater for your garage, there are several factors to consider. The size of your garage, insulation, and power source are some of the critical things to keep in mind. You’ll also want to consider the safety features of the heater, such as overheat protection and tip-over switch.
We spent hours researching and testing various electric heaters for garages to identify the best ones. In the following sections, we’ll discuss the top electric heaters for garages that we found through our research and testing.
Best Electric Heaters for Garage
As winter approaches, keeping your garage warm can be a challenge. Whether you use your garage as a workspace or just need to keep your car warm, an electric heater can make all the difference. We have researched and tested various electric heaters to bring you our top picks for the best electric heaters for garage. These heaters are efficient, safe, and reliable, making them perfect for any garage. Check out our list below to find the perfect heater for your needs.
We highly recommend the Lasko Oscillating Digital Ceramic Tower Heater for anyone looking for an effective and affordable electric heater for their garage.
- The heater has two quiet heat settings (high and low) and an adjustable thermostat that maintains the temperature in the room.
- The remote control makes it easy to turn the heater on/off, set the timer, turn the oscillation on/off, or adjust the thermostat. Plus, there is storage for the remote control on the back of the heater so it won’t get lost.
- The built-in safety features, such as overheat protection and cool-touch exterior, make it a safe choice for any room in your home.
- The heater is not suitable for larger garages or outdoor spaces.
- The heater is not as energy-efficient as other models on the market.
- The heater may take some time to warm up larger rooms.
We have found that the Lasko Oscillating Digital Ceramic Tower Heater is an excellent choice for smaller garages or workshops. The heater is lightweight and easy to move from room to room, making it a versatile option for any space.
The digital controls, programmable thermostat, and 8-hour timer make it easy to adjust the temperature and set the heater to turn off automatically. The optional widespread oscillation feature ensures that warm air is evenly distributed throughout the room.
One of the best features of this heater is the remote control, which allows you to adjust the temperature and settings from the comfort of your couch or workspace. The built-in safety features, such as overheat protection and cool-touch exterior, give us peace of mind when using the heater around kids or pets.
Overall, we believe that the Lasko Oscillating Digital Ceramic Tower Heater is a great investment for anyone looking to stay warm and comfortable in their garage or workshop.
If you’re looking for a reliable and powerful electric heater for your garage, then the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater is worth considering.
- With its adjustable louvers and variable mounting angle, you can direct the air output to the desired location. It can heat up to 592 square feet, making it perfect for large garages.
- The heater’s compact design allows for easy placement on the ground or mounting on a wall or ceiling, saving valuable space in your garage.
- Made of heavy-duty steel material, this electric garage heater is strong and durable. It is also ETL certified for safe use.
- You will need an electrician to install the heater safely. It must be grounded and hardwired to a properly sized current protection circuit breaker in accordance with the (US) National Electric Code and local codes.
- The heater does not come with a power cord. You’ll need to purchase one separately.
- The fan can be noisy, which may be a concern for some users.
We’ve been using the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater for a while now and have found it to be a reliable and efficient heater. The adjustable louvers and variable mounting angle allow us to direct the heat where we need it most, and the three heat settings provide flexibility in heating options.
The heater’s compact design is a real space saver, and we appreciate that it can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. The heavy-duty steel material gives us confidence that it will last for years to come, and the ETL certification ensures our safety.
However, it’s important to note that you’ll need an electrician to install the heater safely. Also, the fan can be noisy, which may be a concern for some users. Finally, the heater does not come with a power cord, so you’ll need to purchase one separately.
Overall, if you’re looking for a powerful and reliable electric heater for your garage, the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater is a solid choice.
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient electric heater for your garage or workshop, the Comfort Zone 10,000W, 240v Hard-Wired Digital Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater is definitely worth considering.
- The wide air distribution feature ensures efficient heat delivery to every corner of the room, eliminating cold spots and providing evenly distributed warmth in your surroundings.
- The integrated digital thermostat control allows you to take full control of your comfort, ensuring a cozy and warm environment.
- The industrial heater features a heavy-gauge steel body and fully sheathed heating elements for durability and lasting performance in any setting.
- The heater requires a single-phase hardwire connection for installation, which might be a bit challenging for some users.
- The heater is designed for indoor use only, so it’s not suitable for outdoor heating.
- The price point might be a bit higher than some other electric heaters on the market.
We recently installed this heater in our garage, and we’re very impressed with its performance. The fan-forced air system ensures efficient heat delivery to every corner of the room, and the adjustable directed airflow vents allow us to customize the heat direction, ensuring superior heat distribution across a wide area. We no longer have to worry about cold spots in our garage, even on the coldest days.
The integrated digital thermostat control allows us to set the optimum temperature for efficient heat output with ease, ensuring a cozy and warm environment. The included 12-hour timer allows us to program the heater to automatically turn on or off according to our schedule, providing convenience and energy efficiency.
The industrial heater features a heavy-gauge steel body that ensures long-lasting durability and reliability. The heating elements are fully sheathed, providing enhanced safety and protection. Additionally, the motor is enclosed, safeguarding it against dust and debris, making it ideal for use in dusty environments. We’re confident that this heater is designed to deliver consistent and efficient heating performance while maintaining a high level of protection.
Overall, we highly recommend the Comfort Zone 10,000W, 240v Hard-Wired Digital Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient electric heater for their garage or workshop.
If you’re looking for an electric heater to keep your garage or workshop warm throughout the winter, the Ainpota Electric Garage Heater is a great option that you should consider.
- The Ainpota Electric Garage Heater can heat up to 1200 sq ft, which makes it ideal for large spaces like garages, shops, and industrial workshops.
- It is easy to control with the remote control that comes with it, so you can adjust the temperature and settings without having to get up and walk over to the heater.
- The adjustable output and timer function make it energy efficient, allowing you to choose the output level that you need and set a timer to ensure that you don’t waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
- The Ainpota Electric Garage Heater requires professional installation, which means that you will need to hire an electrician to install it for you.
- The device must be hardwired to an appropriately sized current protection circuit breaker in accordance with the (U.S.) National Electrical Code and local codes.
- The power cord is not included, so you will need to purchase it separately.
We recently purchased the Ainpota Electric Garage Heater for our workshop and have been very impressed with its performance. The heater releases up to 25589BUT/h of heat, which has been enough to heat our large workshop space of 1000 sq ft. The mounting angle and blowing angle can be adjusted, which has allowed us to direct the heat where it is needed most.
The remote control that comes with the heater is easy to use, and we have had no problems adjusting the temperature and settings from across the room. The adjustable output and timer function have also been very useful, allowing us to choose the output level that we need and set a timer to ensure that we don’t waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
Overall, we highly recommend the Ainpota Electric Garage Heater to anyone who needs a reliable and efficient electric heater for their garage or workshop.
If you’re looking for a powerful electric heater for your garage, the NewAir Portable Heater is definitely worth checking out.
- Quickly and evenly heats up to 600 square feet of space
- Portable features make it easy to move to the perfect location
- Rugged exterior built to last
- May be too powerful for smaller spaces
- Some users report issues with the thermostat accuracy
- Noisy fan may be a distraction for some users
We’ve been using the NewAir Portable Heater in our garage for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The heater is powerful enough to quickly warm up our 2-car garage, even on the coldest days of the year. The fan does a great job of spreading the warm air evenly throughout the space, so we never feel like we’re sitting in a cold spot.
One of the things we love about this heater is how portable it is. The cord wrap and carry handle make it easy to move the heater to the perfect location in our garage, whether we’re working on a project at the workbench or just hanging out on the couch. The rugged exterior is also a nice touch – we don’t have to worry about accidentally bumping into the heater and damaging it.
While we’re generally happy with the NewAir Portable Heater, it may be too powerful for smaller spaces. If you have a small workshop or shed, you may find that the heater is too much for your needs. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the thermostat accuracy, so you may need to experiment a bit to find the perfect temperature setting.
Finally, we should note that the fan can be a bit noisy. If you’re using the heater in a quiet space, like a bedroom or home office, the sound of the fan may be a distraction. However, we don’t find it to be a big issue in our garage.
Overall, we think the NewAir Portable Heater is a great choice for anyone looking for a powerful, portable electric heater for their garage or workshop. With its quick heating, rugged exterior, and portable features, it’s definitely worth considering.
When it comes to choosing the best electric heater for your garage, there are a few key features to consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind to help you make an informed decision:
One of the most important things to consider is the heating power of the electric heater. This is usually measured in watts and can range from 1,000 to 5,000 watts or more. The size of your garage and how well insulated it is will determine how much heating power you need. As a general rule, you’ll need around 10 watts of heating power per square foot of space in your garage.
Safety should always be a top priority when choosing an electric heater for your garage. Look for features like overheat protection, tip-over switches, and automatic shut-off functions. These features can help prevent accidents and keep your garage and home safe.
If you plan to move your electric heater around your garage or use it in other areas of your home, portability is key. Look for heaters that are lightweight and easy to move, with wheels or handles for added convenience.
Having a thermostat control on your electric heater can help you regulate the temperature in your garage and save energy. Look for heaters with adjustable thermostats or programmable controls to help you achieve the perfect temperature.
Electric heaters can vary in price, so it’s important to consider your budget when choosing the best option for your garage. Keep in mind that higher-priced models may offer more features and better performance, but you don’t always have to break the bank to find a quality electric heater that meets your needs.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best electric heater for your garage that will keep you warm and comfortable all winter long.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we determine the appropriate BTU rating for heating our garage?
To determine the appropriate BTU rating for your garage, you’ll need to consider the size of your garage, the insulation, and the desired temperature. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll need 10 watts of power per square foot of garage space. For example, if your garage is 500 square feet, you’ll need a heater with a minimum of 5,000 watts (17,065 BTUs). However, if your garage is poorly insulated or has a high ceiling, you may need a more powerful heater.
What features should we look for in an electric garage heater with a thermostat?
When choosing an electric garage heater with a thermostat, look for models with adjustable temperature settings, a timer, and a fan-only mode. These features allow you to customize your heating needs and save energy. Additionally, a heater with a safety shut-off feature will automatically turn off if it overheats or tips over.
Which electric garage heaters are rated highest by consumer reports?
According to consumer reports, some of the highest-rated electric garage heaters include the Fahrenheat FUH54, the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988, and the NewAir G73. These heaters offer powerful heating capabilities, adjustable temperature settings, and safety features.
What are the advantages of a 240V electric heater over a 120V for a garage?
A 240V electric heater offers more power and can heat a larger space than a 120V electric heater. Additionally, a 240V heater can be more energy-efficient, as it requires less current to produce the same amount of heat as a 120V heater. However, it’s important to note that a 240V heater requires a dedicated circuit and may require professional installation.
Can infrared heaters be effectively used in garages during winter?
Infrared heaters can be effectively used in garages during winter, as they provide heat directly to objects and people in the room rather than heating the air. This can be more energy-efficient and cost-effective than traditional heating methods. However, it’s important to choose an infrared heater with a sufficient wattage output for your garage size and insulation level.
What are the most energy-efficient electric heating options for a garage?
The most energy-efficient electric heating options for a garage include infrared heaters, ceramic heaters, and radiant heaters. These types of heaters provide direct heat to objects and people in the room, rather than heating the air, which can be more energy-efficient. Additionally, choosing a heater with adjustable temperature settings and a timer can help you save energy and reduce your heating costs.