Electric heaters are a popular choice for heating homes, especially during the colder months. They are efficient, easy to use, and can be moved from room to room as needed. In this article, we will be discussing the best electric heater for house and what you should consider when making a purchase.
When it comes to electric heaters, there are several types to choose from, including radiant, convection, and fan-forced heaters. Radiant heaters use infrared radiation to heat objects and people in the room, while convection heaters rely on natural air flow to distribute heat evenly. Fan-forced heaters use a fan to blow hot air into the room, making them ideal for larger spaces.
When choosing the best electric heater for your house, there are a few critical factors to consider. The first is the size of the room you want to heat. A heater that is too small will not be effective, while one that is too large will waste energy. You should also consider the safety features of the heater, including overheat protection and tip-over switches.
After researching and testing multiple electric heaters, we have identified the top models that offer the best combination of performance, safety, and value. In the following sections, we will provide an in-depth review of each model, highlighting their features and benefits.
Best Electric Heaters
Looking for an efficient and cost-effective way to heat your home? Look no further than our roundup of the best electric heaters on the market. Whether you need a small heater for a single room or a larger unit to heat your entire home, we’ve got you covered. Our team has researched and tested a wide range of electric heaters to bring you the top options for every budget and heating need. So, without further ado, let’s dive into our list of the best electric heaters for your house.
If you’re looking for a durable and portable space heater that can quickly warm up small spaces, the Shinic Space Heater is a great option.
- The all-metal housing is heavy-duty and durable, making this heater strong enough to last for years.
- Equipped with a stay-cool convenient carry handle, this heater is very easy to move around when it’s working.
- With 1500W high-heat mode and 1300W low-heat mode, this greenhouse heater is more efficient than other space heaters and can cover up to 200 sq.ft.
- Some customers have reported that the heater makes a loud rattling noise after a few uses.
- The thermostat can be a bit difficult to adjust, especially if you’re wearing gloves.
- While the heater is equipped with tip-over and overheat protection, some users have reported that it still gets very hot to the touch.
Overall, we think the Shinic Space Heater is a good choice for anyone looking for a portable and efficient space heater. It’s perfect for living rooms, workshops, garages, and greenhouses. Plus, the 3-prong plug and built-in safety features make it a safer option than many other milk house heaters on the market.
If you want a compact and portable electric heater that can heat up a small room quickly, then the GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater could be a good option for you.
- The 2 in 1 heater fan provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W, and one cool air fan, making it suitable for use in both winter and summer. The thermostat control turns the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting.
- The multi-protection safety system includes flame retardant materials and automatic safety shutoff and tip-over protection systems, making it safe to use.
- The compact design with a built-in carry handle makes it easy to move around and use in different rooms.
- The heater is only suitable for heating up small rooms up to 200 square feet, so it may not be sufficient for larger areas.
- Some users have reported that the heater emits a plastic smell when first used. This smell should dissipate after a few uses.
- The heater is not suitable for use in damp or wet areas, so it may not be suitable for use in bathrooms or other areas with high humidity.
In our experience, the GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater is a reliable and efficient electric heater that can quickly heat up small rooms. The safety features and compact design make it a good option for use in bedrooms, home offices, or other small spaces. However, it may not be suitable for larger areas, and it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding use and safety precautions. Overall, we would recommend this product for those looking for a portable and efficient electric heater.
If you’re looking for a compact and portable electric heater for your house, the HICFM Electric Space Heater might be the perfect choice for you.
- The heater is equipped with premium heating elements that can warm up a 100 ft² room in just 5 minutes.
- The all-metal body is crafted with V0 flame-retardant materials and equipped with safety features such as an inside overheat sensor, tip-over switch, caution indicator light, and 6 feet power cord.
- The heater has three adjustable power levels (fan-only, 1300W, and 1500W) and an adjustable rotary thermostat to help you find the perfect temperature.
- The fan’s rotation is 2780RPM, which might be too loud for some users.
- The heater is recommended for indoor use only and might not be suitable for larger spaces.
- The product is relatively new on the market and has limited customer reviews.
Overall, we recommend the HICFM Electric Space Heater for its fast heating, safety features, and portability. It’s a great option for small rooms or spaces where you need to supplement your heating system. Plus, with its compact design and solid carry handle, you can easily move it around your house or office.
In summary, if you’re looking for a reliable and efficient electric heater for your house, the HICFM Electric Space Heater is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for an affordable and efficient electric heater for your garage or workshop, the Comfort Zone Electric Portable Milkhouse Style Utility Space Heater is a great option.
- The compact design and powerful 1500 Watt performance deliver targeted heating specifically for enclosed garages, providing effective warmth while helping you save money by efficiently utilizing energy.
- With three powerful settings, including low and high heat options, and a fan-only setting, you can create the ideal heating environment for any situation.
- Safety features include power and caution indicator lights, a tip-over switch that automatically shuts off the heater if it accidentally falls or gets knocked over, and an overheat protection sensor that safeguards against excessive heating.
- The heater may not be suitable for larger spaces.
- Some users have reported that the heater can be a bit noisy.
- The smooth turn control knob may be difficult to operate for some users.
We’ve found that the Comfort Zone Electric Portable Milkhouse Style Utility Space Heater is a reliable and efficient heating solution for enclosed garages and workshops. The compact design and powerful performance make it an affordable solution for those looking to save on heating expenses. The three powerful settings offer flexibility and convenience, allowing you to create the ideal heating environment for any situation. Safety features such as the tip-over switch and overheat protection sensor provide peace of mind while using the heater. Overall, we would recommend the Comfort Zone Electric Portable Milkhouse Style Utility Space Heater for those looking for an affordable and efficient heating solution for their garage or workshop.
This electric heater is a great option for those who want to heat their large rooms and enjoy a quiet, disturbance-free environment.
- The Dreo Space Heater Indoor is designed with an extended impeller that doubles the heat range, making it the ideal space heater for large rooms and warmer winters.
- It is built with V0 flame retardant material, reinforced plug, 45° tip-over and overheat protection certified by ETL, making it a safer option for your home.
- Its new airflow design brings down noise as low as 32dB, making this space heater for bedroom an ideal option to blow a comfortable warm air quietly, and enjoy a quiet, disturbance-free office or a good night’s sleep.
- The remote control is very small and easy to misplace.
- You can’t control the temperature settings with the remote control.
- The heater is heavier than other portable heaters.
The Dreo Space Heater Indoor is a great option for those who want to heat their large rooms and enjoy a quiet, disturbance-free environment. The heater’s extended impeller doubles the heat range, making it the ideal space heater for large rooms and warmer winters. Additionally, it is built with V0 flame retardant material, reinforced plug, 45° tip-over and overheat protection certified by ETL, making it a safer option for your home. The new airflow design brings down noise as low as 32dB, making this space heater for bedroom an ideal option to blow a comfortable warm air quietly, and enjoy a quiet, disturbance-free office or a good night’s sleep.
The intuitive design of the Dreo Space Heater Indoor blends seamlessly into your lifestyle. Its LEDs lights are designed to automatically make the screen and buttons bright and easy to see in daylight, or dim to ensure uninterrupted sleep during bedtime, and its remote control, carrying handle and bottom power cord storage makes it easy to control or move around the house.
The heater offers four heating modes (H1/H2/H3/ECO) according to your needs, and even use it as a fan to circulate the air when the room is too hot. You can set room temperature with more accuracy than ever before, this space heater with thermostat uses a dedicated thermal sensor to gauge the room temp and adjust heating automatically in ECO Mode, temperature can be set between 41-95°F with 1°F precision for ideal comfort.
In conclusion, the Dreo Space Heater Indoor is an excellent option for those who want to heat their large rooms and enjoy a quiet, disturbance-free environment. Its safety features, intuitive design, and precise temperature control make it a great choice for your home.
When looking to buy an electric heater for your house, there are a few key features to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
One of the most important things to consider is the heating capacity of the electric heater. This is typically measured in watts and will determine how much heat the heater can produce. It’s important to choose a heater with enough heating capacity to effectively heat the space you want to use it in. A good rule of thumb is to choose a heater with at least 10 watts of heating capacity for every square foot of space.
Another important factor to consider is the safety features of the electric heater. Look for heaters with features such as overheat protection, tip-over switches, and automatic shut-off functions. These features can help prevent accidents and ensure that the heater operates safely.
Electric heaters can be energy-intensive, so it’s important to choose a heater that is energy-efficient. Look for heaters with energy-saving features such as programmable thermostats, timers, and eco modes. These features can help reduce energy consumption and save you money on your heating bills.
Some electric heaters can be quite noisy, which can be distracting or disruptive. Consider choosing a heater with a low noise level if you plan to use it in a bedroom or other quiet space.
Finally, consider the portability of the electric heater. If you plan to move the heater from room to room, choose a model that is lightweight and easy to move. Some heaters also come with built-in handles or wheels for added convenience.
By considering these factors, you can choose an electric heater that is safe, efficient, and effective at heating your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I look for in an electric heater with a thermostat?
When choosing an electric heater with a thermostat, it’s important to look for one with adjustable temperature settings and an automatic shut-off feature. This will allow you to set the desired temperature and ensure the heater turns off once that temperature is reached. Additionally, look for a heater with a fan to circulate the warm air and a timer feature to control when the heater turns on and off.
Which electric heaters have the best reviews according to consumer reports?
According to consumer reports, some of the best electric heaters on the market include the Dyson AM09, Lasko 754200, and De’Longhi EW7507EB. These heaters have received high ratings for their performance, safety features, and overall value.
What are the top choices for electric heaters in large indoor spaces?
For large indoor spaces, we recommend electric heaters with high heat output and wide oscillation to distribute heat evenly. Some top choices include the Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, Dimplex DGWH4031G Garage and Workshop Heater, and the Stiebel Eltron CKT 20E Wall-Mounted Electric Fan Heater.
How do I determine the energy efficiency of different electric heaters?
To determine the energy efficiency of an electric heater, look for the heater’s Energy Star rating or its wattage output. The lower the wattage output, the more energy efficient the heater will be. Additionally, look for heaters with programmable settings and automatic shut-off features to maximize energy savings.
What are the most cost-effective electric heaters for heating large rooms?
Some of the most cost-effective electric heaters for heating large rooms include the Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater, Honeywell HCE840B HeatGenius Ceramic Heater, and the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-968 Portable Space Heater. These heaters offer powerful heating capabilities at an affordable price.
What are the key differences between space heaters and electric heaters for large rooms?
The main difference between space heaters and electric heaters for large rooms is their heating capacity. Space heaters are designed to heat small areas, while electric heaters for large rooms are designed to heat larger areas. Additionally, electric heaters for large rooms often have more advanced features, such as programmable settings and automatic shut-off features, to maximize energy savings and safety.