Often, garages serve multiple purposes such as a workshop area, storage facility, or even as an expanded living space. Nonetheless, during the winter season, these garages can be uncomfortably chilly, making it hard to occupy them. That’s when the usefulness of a quality garage heater is realized. A garage heater is simply a variety of space heater, engineered to warm up expansive areas such as garages, in a swift and efficient manner.
When it comes to choosing the best heater for a garage, there are a few critical things to consider. The first thing to consider is the size of the garage. It’s essential to choose a heater that is powerful enough to heat up the entire space. The second thing to consider is the type of fuel the heater uses. Some heaters use propane, while others use natural gas or electricity. The third thing to consider is the safety features of the heater. It’s important to choose a heater that has safety features such as automatic shut-off and overheat protection.
After researching and testing various garage heaters, we have identified the best heater for a garage: the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy. This portable propane heater is powerful enough to heat up a garage quickly and efficiently, and it has several safety features to ensure that it can be used safely. In the following sections, we will go into more detail about the features of the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy and why we believe it’s the best heater for a garage.
Best Heaters for Garage
If you’re looking for a way to keep your garage warm during the colder months, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve researched and tested the best heaters for garages to help you find the perfect one for your needs. Whether you need a heater for a small garage or a larger workspace, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below.
If you’re looking for a powerful propane heater that can warm up large-scale settings quickly, the Habitio propane heater is a great option.
- With a heating capacity of 75,000 ~ 125,000 BTU/h and coverage up to 3125 sq ft, this propane heater is ideal for large-scale settings.
- The air forced heater uses pulse ignition technology for a safe and reliable start-up, preventing flame-out and air leakage. It also has overheat protection and automatic shutdown in case of a power outage, ensuring safe use.
- The Habitio propane heater is CSA certified, making it a safe and reliable option for your garage.
- The machine will produce an acceptable level of noise when running, which may be a deal-breaker for some users.
- While this heater is portable, it is also quite heavy, weighing in at 22.4 pounds.
- A 100 lb. propane tank (not included) is needed to run this heater, which may be an additional expense for some users.
Overall, we recommend the Habitio propane heater for those looking for a powerful and safe heating option for their garage or large-scale setting. The adjustable fan speed controls make it easy to modify the speed for rapid heating and maintaining a constant temperature. Its efficient and sturdy design ensures full combustion of propane, making it an energy-efficient option.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable heater for your garage, the NewAir Portable Ceramic 120v Electric Garage Space Heater is definitely worth considering.
- Heavy-duty construction designed to withstand tough conditions in any workspace
- Portable and lightweight design with an easy carry handle for convenient mobility
- Adjustable temperature control with two heat modes and a tilting head for spot heating up to 160 square feet of personal space
- Not suitable for heating large garages or spaces
- Only two heat settings available
- May not be the most energy-efficient option for long-term use
We’ve been using this heater in our garage for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The heavy-duty construction ensures that it can withstand rough conditions in any workspace, and the portable and lightweight design makes it easy to move around as needed.
The adjustable temperature control and two heat modes allow us to customize the heat output to our specific needs, and the tilting head is great for spot heating up to 160 square feet of personal space. Plus, the internal thermostat and automatic shut-off function provide peace of mind when it comes to safety.
While this heater may not be the most energy-efficient option for long-term use, it’s definitely a great choice for occasional use in smaller garages or workspaces. Overall, we highly recommend the NewAir Portable Ceramic 120v Electric Garage Space Heater for anyone looking for a reliable and durable heating solution.
If you’re looking for a powerful and efficient heater for your garage, then the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater is a great option.
- The adjustable angle and two heat settings allow you to direct the air output and meet your different heating needs. The maximum BTUs of 25,590 is powerful enough to heat a large area up to 1,250 square feet.
- The ECO mode and timer function help you save on energy bills. The smart ECO mode automatically adjusts the working mode or turns off based on the ambient temperature. You can also set an auto-off timer (1-12 hours) to suit your schedule.
- The built-in thermostat and overheat protection ensure your safety and comfort. You can adjust the power to suit your needs and preferences (from 45°F to 95°F). The device switches off automatically if it overheats.
- The hardwired installation requires an electrician to do it safely. The garage heater must be grounded and hardwired to a properly sized current protection circuit breaker in accordance with the (US) National Electric Code and local codes.
- This heater does not come with a power cord, so you need to purchase one separately.
- The fan is fairly noisy, but it’s not a deal-breaker.
We recently installed the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater in our 2-car garage, and we’re impressed with its performance. It heats up the space quickly and efficiently, and we love the adjustable angle and two heat settings that allow us to direct the warm air where we need it most. The ECO mode and timer function are also great features that help us save on energy bills.
The built-in thermostat and overheat protection give us peace of mind, knowing that we’re safe and comfortable while using the heater. We appreciate that the device switches off automatically if it overheats, and we can adjust the power to suit our needs and preferences.
However, the hardwired installation was a bit of a hassle, and we had to hire an electrician to do it safely. Also, the heater does not come with a power cord, so we had to purchase one separately. Finally, the fan is a bit noisy, but it’s not a deal-breaker for us.
Overall, we highly recommend the TEMPWARE Electric Garage Heater for anyone looking for a powerful and efficient heater for their garage. It’s a great investment that will keep you warm and comfortable during the cold winter months.
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient space heater for your garage, the Dreo Space Heater is an excellent choice.
- The Dreo Space Heater is ETL-certified and equipped with multiple safety features, including tip-over protection, overheat protection, and a flame-retardant plug, making it safe to use for extended periods.
- With its powerful 1500W PTC ceramic heating, this space heater can quickly heat up a 200 sq.ft. room, perfect for warming up your garage in the winter.
- The Dreo Space Heater is almost as quiet as a library, thanks to its oblique airflow technology that reduces wind noise by 12%.
- Some users have reported that the Dreo Space Heater’s oscillation feature can be a bit noisy.
- The heater’s LED display can be too bright for some users, especially when used in a dark room.
- The Dreo Space Heater’s remote control has a limited range of 26 feet.
In our experience, the Dreo Space Heater is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a safe, efficient, and quiet space heater for their garage. Its oscillation feature ensures that heat is evenly distributed throughout the room, and its energy-saving mode helps you save on electricity bills. The touchscreen and remote control make it easy to adjust the temperature and settings, while its compact design and hidden handle make it easy to move around. Overall, we highly recommend the Dreo Space Heater for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient garage heater.
If you’re looking for a compact and portable wall-outlet heater that takes up very little space in your room or your luggage, the Ontel Handy Heater Turbo 800 is an excellent option. We recently tried it out and were impressed with its heating capabilities.
- The compact size of this ceramic electric heater makes it easy to move from room to room, and it plugs right into your wall outlet, freeing up floor space.
- The digital LED display and programmable 12-hour timer make it easy to set the temperature to your liking and ensure that the heater turns off when you don’t need it.
- The advanced ceramic technology not only provides incredible warmth but also maintains the moisture in the air, preventing dryness, itchiness, and irritation of your skin.
- The fan can be a bit noisy, which may be bothersome if you’re using it in a quiet room.
- It may take some time for the heater to warm up a larger space, so it may not be the best option for heating a large garage or workshop.
- While the stay-cool housing ensures that you don’t get burned when you touch the heater, it may not be ideal if you have small children or pets who could accidentally touch it.
We recommend the Ontel Handy Heater Turbo 800 for anyone looking for a compact and portable space heater that provides excellent heating capabilities. Its advanced ceramic technology and programmable features make it a great option for keeping your room or office warm and cozy.
When choosing the best heater for your garage, there are a few key features to consider. We recommend looking at the following factors to ensure that you get the most effective and efficient product for your needs.
Size and Power
The size of your garage will determine the size and power of the heater you need. A larger garage will require a more powerful heater to effectively heat the space. We recommend measuring the square footage of your garage before shopping for a heater. This will ensure that you choose a heater that is appropriately sized for your space.
There are a variety of heating methods available for garage heaters, including electric, propane, and natural gas. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs. Electric heaters are generally the most cost-effective and easy to install, while propane and natural gas heaters may provide more powerful heating for larger garages.
Safety should always be a top priority when choosing a garage heater. Look for heaters with built-in safety features such as automatic shut-off switches, tip-over protection, and overheat protection. These features can help prevent accidents and ensure that your garage is heated safely.
Some garage heaters can be quite noisy, which can be a distraction if you’re working in your garage. Look for heaters with low noise levels to ensure that you can work in a comfortable and quiet environment.
Finally, consider your budget when shopping for a garage heater. Prices can vary widely depending on the size, power, and features of the heater. We recommend setting a budget before you start shopping to ensure that you get the most value for your money.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best garage heater for your needs and ensure that your garage is heated safely and effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I look for in a garage heater with a thermostat?
When choosing a garage heater with a thermostat, it’s important to look for a model that has adjustable temperature settings and a reliable thermostat. Additionally, features such as safety shut-off switches and overheat protection can provide peace of mind during use.
How do I determine the appropriate heater size for my garage during winter?
The appropriate heater size for your garage will depend on factors such as the size of your garage, insulation, and local climate. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to choose a heater with a heat output of at least 45 watts per square foot of garage space.
What are the advantages of an electric heater over other types for a garage?
Electric heaters are often preferred for garage heating due to their ease of use, low maintenance requirements, and relatively low operating costs. Additionally, electric heaters do not produce the fumes or emissions associated with gas-powered models.
Can a 120v electric heater be effective for garage heating?
While a 120v electric heater may be sufficient for smaller garages or workshops, larger spaces may require a more powerful model. Be sure to consider the size of your garage and the heater’s heat output when making your selection.
What are the benefits of using an infrared heater in a garage?
Infrared heaters are a popular choice for garage heating due to their ability to provide targeted, efficient heat. These heaters work by emitting infrared radiation, which is absorbed by objects and surfaces in the garage to produce warmth.
Is a 1500 watt heater sufficient for heating a typical 2 car garage?
A 1500 watt heater may be sufficient for heating a typical 2 car garage, depending on factors such as insulation and local climate. However, larger garages or those in colder climates may require a more powerful model. Be sure to consider the size of your garage and the heater’s heat output when making your selection.